― 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

"maira," the boy glanced over at her when there was no response. catching sight of the girl staring into space, he sighed before walking over and tapping her shoulder. finally snapping out of it, maira jumped back into reality, looking up at hongjoong through the mirror. "jeon maira." he called again, the girl had been out of it all day.

the two were currently in the green room, waiting for the press conference to start. maira had already had her makeup and hair done, and they were just waiting for all the reporters to join. "have you had a chance to look at the list?" he questioned, motioning to the papers in front of her. 

to make things easier to deal with considering the current issues, hongjoong had drafted a list of questions for the reporters to follow so that it gave maira and san the chance to say everything that they needed to say, and so that they wouldn't go off on a tangent. 

"hm? ah, yeah." she lied, picking up the papers and acting like it wasn't the first time she was seeing it. hongjoong chuckled, placing a comforting hand on her back. 

"look, i know that things are kind of in a mix right now, but let's focus on one thing at a time." he advised. "i promise things will naturally fix themselves." he added. maira exhaled deeply, nodding her head in agreement as she tried to convince herself too.

"miss jeon?" someone's head peered through the door, informing the girl that it was time to enter the daunting reporter's room. glancing over at hongjoong, the boy gave her a reassuring smile and nod. maira stood up from her seat, heading off first as she left hongjoong in the room. 

following the staff member, she found san waiting for her at the door, looking just as nervous as her. meeting his gaze, the boy seemed to relax slightly as he sent her a reassuring smile. maira returned it with her own nervous smile before the two of them were led into the room, the flashing cameras going off almost instantly at the sight of them. 

maira tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, the both of them standing at the front of the stage and bowing towards the reporters before taking their seats. releasing a deep breath, she picked up her microphone and plastered on a fake smile.

"shall we begin?"