― 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

"what's this?" maira stared in confusion at her schedule, turning it towards hongjoong who peered over at the device. the two of them were currently sat in a restaurant, getting dinner before he returned the girl home. it was a tradition for them to get dinner together, it's not like they had anything better to do.

"ah, that." the boy nodded, swallowing the scoop of icecream he had taken. "your meeting with star cafe's owner." he answered, reminding the girl what she had requested him earlier that day. realisation washed over her features as she nodded her head, setting down her phone on the table. 

"that was quick." she commented, expecting it to be more difficult to arrange it, but then again, considering that they were never busy, it made sense that the owner would be free. "did you tell them why?" 

"mhm." hongjoong nodded, remembering that he was also surprised by how quick the response was. he expected the owner to disagree and hang up straight away, but he guessed that after hearing maira's name, he had gotten excited to meet the girl. well, you would be too if you were meeting a girl asking to buy your cafe when the only thing she's good at is spending money. "but he sounded really familiar." he added, seeming to rack his brain as he tried to recall where he had heard the voice before. 

"maybe it was a past client." maira shrugged, taking a bite of her cheesecake. the two were at the end of the meal, slowly eating their dessert as they had a casual conversation about their day. you'd think that people who had spent the whole day together would want to end their day as quick as possible. however, despite spending the day together, most of it was spent apart as hongjoong ran around completing errands and maira would spend most of her time in her office. this was the only opportunity they had to catch up with one another and just wind down. of course work would be mentioned, that was a given, but they'd update each other on life, on their shows that they were watching or just sit there showing each other memes.

hongjoong was only a year older than maira. they had grown alongside one another since they could start walking, so it wasn't difficult for them to come up with conversation. don't get it wrong, their relationship wasn't always like this and especially as kids, would bicker to their hearts content. there was even a point where they both hated each other and had split ways for a while, however that surprisingly only brought them closer. now maira could wholeheartedly tell you that she entrusted her whole life with hongjoong, and same vice versa.