― 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

"here are the files you asked for." maira smiled, thanking the man who bowed towards the lady before leaving her office. the girl sighed, flicking through the papers as she highlighted the values of her current restaurants. most of the restaurants that she currently owned was tied with her father and brother's company, so there was no way she could get rid of them.

for example, she owned magnate, it was under her name and she made the business decisions in how it was ran, however the face of the restaurant was park jimin ― a soloist under jungkook's company. same with ossu seiromushi which was branded with kim seokjin, a worldwide famous actor.

all these businesses were ones that she could never touch, unless she wanted her brother to kill her. however, there were a few which she could easily get rid of and it wouldn't affect her relationships and nor would it affect her income. however, she was hesitant to make the changes, knowing that doing something like this without her father's permission, could result in something far worse happening.

"maira, your father." hongjoong suddenly entered her office, holding a phone that had her father's face on the screen, signalling to the girl that it was a video call and he luckily wasn't there to see what kind of trouble she was possibly diving into. handing over the phone, hongjoong bowed before leaving her office.

"dad―"

"maira, the kang's are attending the launch." those words were enough for the girl to realise why her father sounded so exhausted. the way kang yeosang was maira's sworn enemy, it was the same for their parents... well almost. it wasn't the fact that they hated each other, or even the fact that they were in the same sector when it came to work ― the kang family worked more in the political side, with yeosang's father currently running for presidency. 

however, what made their relationship interesting was how they were always busy trying to outperform the other. sometimes it was playful, but most of the time it would get serious and they would always be making headlines. 

this time though, maira didn't know how to take the news. it wasn't a bad thing that they were attending, however, it seemed to be a different case with the stress her father was clearly going through. "have you finalised the budget?"