― 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

"seriously, is this how you want it to be?"

the girl stormed into his office before she could be stopped. stomping up to his desk, she threw down the note and the envelope with the pictures of a memory she just wanted to erase from existence. "you don't even want to try and fix the mess you created?" she added, glaring at the man. 

"you had your chance―"

"what fucking chance?!" maira cut him off, glaring at him. "what chance did you ever give me, after i gave you everything." she scoffed in disbelief. "maybe that was the fucking problem." she quietly added, shaking her head. 

"look, maira, we can fix everything," her father began, catching her attention. she knew she would never agree with him, but she was curious about his solution. "sweetheart," he suddenly stood up from his desk, walking round it and towards the girl. "help me fix everything, just drop those charges, bury away the stories with your wedding and come work for me again." he suggested, pulling the girl into a hug that was anything but comforting.

"are you kidding me right now?" she pushed the man away, glaring at him. 

"jeon maira―"

"i won't drop those charges." she cut him off, glaring at him. "i'll make sure that everyone you've hurt gets justice." she added.

the man released a deep sigh, rubbing his forehead as he shook his head at the girl. "maira, you're making a mistake." he warned the girl, his tone clearly an attempt to threaten her. "if you keep this up then i won't hold back either."

maira chuckled, rolling her eyes. "fine." she agreed, shrugging her shoulders. "then i'll put everything on the table." she fired back. "i'll see you in court, father." with the last word, maira sent him one last glare before making her way out of his office. 

with a heavy heart, she entered the elevator, collapsing against one of the walls when the doors finally shut. no matter how many times she tried to act brave, it definitely wasn't something that she was used to. maira sighed, running a hand through her hair as she pulled out her phone out of her bag. she had come all the way here out of anger and didn't even have a chance to grab hold of hongjoong before she left.

it wasn't usual for him to not be in the office when maira was, but she had a few wedding errands she needed him to run for her. now that she had processed what had just gone down, she was beginning to regret her choice of not telling hongjoong beforehand, a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach causing her nerves to build up. 

maira wished that her gut instinct didn't come true as soon as the doors slid open ― just for once she wished that she could've been wrong about this. "jeon maira?" there were two men dressed in all black and looked like security, but maira knew better than to trust them. "if you'd like to follow us, we'll escort you to the car park." 

maira narrowed her eyes, glaring at the men. "that isn't necessary, i parked in front of the building." she informed them, exiting the elevator and attempting to push past them, but it was no use as they grabbed hold of either one of her arms. "hey, what―"

maira wasn't left with much choice as both of them were a lot more bulkier and bigger than her so it was easy to carry her away. it also didn't help that the elevator was tucked around the corner, so it was easy to escape through the fire exit. 

"let go of me! what do you think you're doing!?" she screamed, trying to free herself from their grasps, but it was completely futile as the men ignored her cries. the girl sighed, already using up most of her energy. it felt like she was in some poorly written fanfiction right now and she had to stupidly wait for her knight in shining armour to save her. 

the men suddenly released her from their grip once they made it into the underground car park, throwing her before them as she stumbled back trying to regain her balance. "what was the point..." maira grumbled in annoyance as she glared at the two men who had manhandled her for no reason. they didn't even try to shove her into a van and drive away like they do in the dramas.

"maira?" the girl's ears perked up at the familiar voice as she turned around, her eyebrows knitted together as her gaze landed on a familiar face. her anger melted away just at the sight of the boy, although she was still a little confused at her current situation.

"yeosan―" her words were cut short when the boy attacked her into a tight hug. 

"thank god you're okay." he whispered, as maira melted into his touch. "i was afraid i wouldn't make it in time." he sighed. maira's eyebrows knitted together as she held the boy at arms length to look up at him properly.

"you mean, these are yours!?" she exclaimed in surprise as she pointed at the men behind her. "i thought i was gonna die tonight or something!" 

"sorry, i should've been more clearer, i was panicking!" he defended himself. "what matters is that you're safe, okay?" he quickly nipped the bud as he pulled her back into his hold, rubbing her back comfortingly. 

"hey, wait―"

"shh, it's okay now."

"yeosang―"

"i know, i love you too."

the girl sighed and gave in, hugging him back.