― 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

"maira, you just need to sign a few bits and then we can get started." mingi brought out the papers, the both of them sat in a cafe as they were busy discussing maira's next steps. hongjoong sat beside the girl, accepting the papers as he read through them for her, knowing that she never read anything properly unless it was an article about herself. "but are you sure this is what you want to do?" he questioned in concern. 

maira gave a small smile, nodding her head as she absentmindedly played with the straw of her drink. "this is what i've always wanted to do." she shrugged as if it were no big deal. however, the only problem with maira going through with something like this is the backlash it would have on her father. she had already done a lot of damage, and his stock prices had been plummeting for days now, doing something like this would add fuel to the fire.

"this is a big jump, you'll need a lot of investors just to get started." he added, pulling out an ipad which had her new idea mapped out with pros and cons, as well as graphs showing the timeline of her business idea. mingi; being such a close friend of the girl, had been helping her out with the legal side of things and making sure that she took all the right steps so as to not make any mistakes. 

"don't worry about the money." maira reassured as her focus turned to the papers that hongjoong handed over, seeming to approve them. "i wouldn't be doing this if i didn't have the money." she assured as she began signing the relevant spaces. 

"i know, but this will only further prove the allegations against your father to be true." he explained which caught maira's attention. since she had come back from america, she hadn't really indulged into any news of her father, knowing that it would only upset her, so she wasn't up to date with anything going on with the man.

"allegations?" she questioned. "allegations for what?" 

"well," mingi began, seeming hesitant to answer. "since the launch, the general public has been digging up his history that he had worked hard to cover up over the years. even things he did before you guys were born and," mingi stopped, unable to continue as he didn't want to be the bearer of bad news. 

"and what?" maira pressed on, trying to get answers out of him.

with a defeated sigh, mingi searched up the articles he had seen on his ipad before handing it over to the girl. maira scanned over the screen, her eyes widening in surprise as she processed what she was reading. even hongjoong, who had peaked over to see what he was on about, couldn't stop the little gasp escaping his lips.