― 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲.

she took in a deep breath, inhaling the warm scent of her morning coffee as she scrolled through the ipad

she took in a deep breath, inhaling the warm scent of her morning coffee as she scrolled through the ipad. the headlines were going crazy this morning, with him being the number one search on naver too. she didn't think she'd ever wake up to the day that her father would be accused of being a mass murderer and sentenced to life. 

"good morning." the girl was taken by surprise when a pair of lips pressed themselves against her cheek as a pair of arms wrapped themselves around her. she was quick to relax after realising that it was just her fiancé greeting her.

"morning to you too." she grinned, reaching up for a kiss which he happily accepted. "did you sleep well?" yeosang hummed as he headed for the fridge, maira watching lovingly at the boy. i think the biggest shock would be her waking up in love with kang yeosang. 

"ah, that reminds me," she snapped out of her daze as she grabbed her phone off the table. "we're meeting with the decorators and caterers today for the wedding." she reminded, opening her messages to send him the details. "make sure you dress nicely, your parents will be joining us from the airport." she added.

"right after their trip?" he questioned, surprise clear in his tone. "i don't get why we can't just do it all ourselves." he mumbled, pouting as he took out some orange juice. maira rolled her eyes as she picked up her empty cup before heading over to the sink. 

"considering they're paying for basically everything, i think they're allowed to give an input." maira reminded the boy, sending him a knowing look. yeosang pursed his lips, looking sheepish as he mumbled a quiet sorry, knowing full well that money was a sensitive topic for the girl right now.

although she still had jungkook, and he had offered her a position at his company straight away, maira had declined. her father's bankruptcy taught her that there was way more to life than money. of course having a brother who had a high net worth and marrying into a chaebol family didn't change a lot in her life, and she had no right to cry about losing all that money, but her life had changed forever. she knew it was incomparable to those lives that her father had ruined, but she was also a victim to him too. 

"what are you thinking about?" yeosang cut her train of thoughts short, after noticing that his future wife was just standing at the sink for way too long.

"huh?" maira looked over at him, realising that she was just staring into space. "oh, nothing, just..." she trailed off, blurting out the first thing that came to her head. "work." 

yeosang sighed, shaking his head. "you need to stop thinking of work." he advised as he took a seat at the table with his cereal. "you should use this time to get some rest when you're not wedding planning." maira gave a tight lipped smile, nodding her head even though she disagreed with him. maira was born to work, she hated the idea of not having something to do. 

although it was near to impossible for her to start something new with her father's name tarnishing hers, she wasn't going to give up just like that.

she couldn't.

-

"do you really think you can just waltz in here, acting all innocent after everything that monster did!?"

"mother―"

but it was too late as the older lady had already thrown her beverage all over maira. the girl gasped in surprise from the sudden cold hitting her face, but she held it in as she hung her head in shame. 

"she didn't do anything wrong," the teenage daughter did her best to calm down her hot headed mother, but it didn't seem to work as she only continued to glare at maira. however, maira didn't even do anything to defend herself, simply grabbing a napkin and wiping away the liquid from her eyes. 

"she didn't do anything wrong? offering us the money that her father made by killing your grandparents―"

"mother!" her daughter cut her off, tears welling in her eyes as she glared at her own mother. "does it make you any better, to treat her like how he treated them?" 

maira glanced up in surprise, not expecting the girl to throw such hard hitting words. she glanced between the pair, noticing the growing tension. "please," she suddenly butted in, knowing that there was already enough bystanders around witnessing the drama taking place, she didn't need it to get any worse than it already is. "i know that this money is probably the last thing that you want to see, and there isn't much else i can do to make up for my father's mistakes,"

the mother let out a scoff, rolling her eyes at the innocent act she thought maira was pulling.

"but please, if there's anything i can do to help your family―"

"leave." maira's words were cut off by the mother's sudden answer. surprised by the request, maira's head shot up as she looked over at the woman. "i don't care how you do it― leave the country, the world, whatever―"

"mother―"

"just get out of my sight." she spat, glaring at the girl. "if you want to repay your victims, then do as you promised." maira didn't even get a chance to respond, not that she even could with how speechless she had been left, as the mother dragged her daughter out of the empty cafe.

"just...leave?"