― 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞.

"thanks," maira opened her car door before turning towards yeosang. "for today." she gave the boy a gentle smile, which was unexpected. yeosang returned the smile, nodding his head. an awkward silence blanketed them since it was a first for the two to be so nice to one another like this. "ah, your sliders." she suddenly remembered the shoes that she was wearing weren't hers as she reached over to take them off, but yeosang stopped her.

"it's fine, keep them." he assured. maira was taken aback, nodding her head as she sat back up straight. 

"then, i'll be going." she hurriedly bid him goodbye, wanting to escape the awkward situation as she exited the car with her heels in her hands. yeosang, although he wanted to walk her to her door, didn't know if that was the right thing to do or if she would even appreciate it. "you can go first." maira added as if she had read his mind. with a tight lipped smile, the boy nodded his head, doing as told after the girl had shut his car door. 

maira, although she knew she had told him to do it, couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. "what are you thinking, jeon maira?" she questioned quietly to herself as she walked up to her front door. "you told him to leave." she sighed, entering the house. 

as usual, she was met with silence. it was no surprise. "you're back." maira was taken aback when hongjoong walked out of the living room to greet the girl, not expecting him to be waiting for her at her home. then again, she expected no less from him. 

"mhm." she hummed, sending the boy a smile as she slipped out of the sliders and into her house slippers. she placed the sliders and her heels into the shoe cabinet before walking towards hongjoong. "i'm tired." she sighed, walking into the kitchen with the boy following behind her. her day out had ended quite late as she had accidentally dozed off on the beach, she wondered why yeosang didn't wake up her up and instead just stayed with her whilst she slept. however, there wasn't much said after she woke up since it was a two and a half journey back home and they decided to leave straight away. 

"what did you do?" he questioned as she opened the fridge to grab a bottle of water. she didn't know why she was embarrassed to answer hongjoong, or why her cheeks were beginning to burn up, but she still awkwardly answered his question. 

"just... relaxed."