― 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲.

"why did you want to see me now?" san questioned. 

maira gently placed the cup of tea back down on its coaster before looking up at him. "i think there's a few things we need to discuss before the press conference." she answered. the two were sat in a quaint little tea house not too far from maira's office. she was very familiar with the owner and so they would always have their private room ready for her whenever she needed it, she hadn't actually ever needed it until today. 

"look, i know what you want, i'll deny the allegations―"

"i don't want that." maira cut him off, surprising the boy as he looked up at her, his rant coming to a sudden halt. "i want you to tell the world your side of the story." she requested, taking the boy aback.

"my side?" he questioned, wondering if he had heard right. "but what about your father, won't he―"

"don't worry about him. he can deal with the backlash on his own." maira shrugged as if it were no big deal. 

"but then... what about you?" he hesitantly questioned, wondering if he was even allowed to ask. "what happens to you?" he repeated, concern laced in his tone. maira shrugged her shoulders, avoiding his gaze. 

"we'll find out and see." she said it as if it were no big deal, but truly it was. her whole future could possibly be ruined for exposing her own father, and the general public can easily be controlled depending on which sob story can make more money. she had already caused quite a stir at his launch and there was definitely more backlash than praise, so who knows how this would turn out.

"maira―"

"san, i don't want to make a name for myself knowing that it came from my father," she cut him off once again, a little agitated that he continued to persist. "and more than anything else, i don't want those lives to be unheard. just like you, there's probably so many kids who don't get to see their parents anymore, a brother or sister who lost their precious sibling, or a parent losing their own child, just because of the greed of one man ― all of them deserve justice no matter how late it is."