We Meet Again, Brother

Fun fact last chapter's title was wrong. I typed Elven instead of Human 💀 That happens a lot to me whenever I type or handwrite anything, as in my brain ignores the word I'm trying to write and makes my handwrite something completely different 💀. Anyway, that's why the previous chapter's title is changed.

_______________________________________

Furn's pov

"This is not what I was expecting." 

"I sense some powerful charka inside... this place?" Kurama turned his head slightly to the left while looking at the building in front of us.

"I think that's a tavern or something. Well, I do see people and--!" As I looked around the windows of the tavern I saw a familiar blonde hair inside. "Is- Could that be?!"

Without realizing it, my body moved on its own. Opening the tavern door and looking around frenetically and finally saw. . .

"I've been telling you. *punch* Everything I did was for survival, I didn't intend to for this *punch* ..." Ru yelled at the person while punching him in the face multiple times.

'Wait, doesn't that person look like Paul? Is that Paul?!' 

"Hey, kit don't go running like that. I thought you saw some enemies." Kurama said as he opened the door. "Oh hey, isn't that your brother? Looks different than I saw from your memories."

"It has been 1 year since then. It's no surprise he's grown from that time frame." 

"And you're not going to interfere with... that?" Kurama said pointing at the beatdown.

"Do you know how hard it is not knowing whether if you, mom, or Furn were dead?! Having that lingering thought for days on end?! I grew scared yet I persevered!" As Ru continued punching Paul, his punches became weaker to the point where he stopped and started crying. 

"Brot--" My voice got overtaken by a scream of a little girl.

"S-STOP IT!!!" The little girl ran to Ru and shoved him aside.

'She looks like--! Norn?! Jesus. She's grown huh...'

Ru surprised at being pushed away from Paul, looked at the culprit and his eyes widened."N-Norn? Do you recognize me? It's me--" Ru's voice staggered a bit but that didn't help for what happened next.

A slap that could be heard throughout the tavern resonated. A slap that Norn did at Ru, who touched his face in surprise.

'I think I should make myself known now. Though this isn't the type of family reunion I'd hope for. . .'

"You know I didn't expect for our reunion to be this chaotic. But it's still nice to see you guys again." 

Ru, Paul, and Norn all looked at me with confused expressions. 

Ru was the first to speak. "Who... Who are you?"

"Oh right. My hair color is different but it's still me. I'm Furn, the one and only." 

"EH?!" All 3 of them expressed different reactions to my statement. I mean I do understand why. Different hair and style of clothing among other stuff that's changed over the past year or so.

"R-really? Is that really you brother?" Ru asked me. 

"Yeah, the one and only. Though I think it's a bad time to have come here judging from the way things are between you and father."

"No. It's all Furn. Rudeus and I were just resolving an issue." Paul 'assured' me.

"Father, I'm not blind or in retrospect; blindfolded. I can tell that you guys were fighting."