Side Chapter - Kyosei

It all started on that day. That incident.

I hate it. A bittersweet death.

March 7th in the year 201X.

A rainy day. My favs! Though I forgot to bring an umbrella as I hadn't bothered watching the forecast for today. But what's a little wetness compared to a free shower?

Walking along the sidewalk, I make my way to a café. Specifically, Gojo's Bread and Butter café! The coffee they have is to die for! And with their homemade donuts with red bean paste in the middle!

Woah... Calm down. Calm down.

"Konichiwa. What may I get you?" The barista greeted me and asked for my order.

"Good afternoon. Eto... Can I get a black coffee with 2 blocks of sugar with a bit of chocolate and a red bean donut ah actually make that three."

"Gomenasai. But we're all out of red bean paste donuts." The barista bowed.

What?! Noooooooooooooo! My red bean donuts T_T

"T-then can I get... 3 sofflés."

I didn't expect them to be out of the godly donuts! My day is ruined and my disappointment is immeasurable!

The barista locked in my order and the cashier brought out the cost. "Hai. That would be 699 Yen."

Going into my purse I grab out a 500 yen coin and a 100 yen coin.

"Here you go." Handling the money to the barista I get my change.

"Arigato." The barista bowed and handed my order to me.

I bowed as well and left the café.

Okay. Got my coffee and sofflé now I have to work.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Damn you random person that invented work! Alas, I have to go and do adult stuff and suffer for 6 hours...

Wait...

But I'll be soaking wet by the time I get there...

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I hate you past me!

I'll just take the subway to get there... Just hope no one gropes me. :|

[One jam-packed subway ride later]

Phew made out alive. And no one gropes me! That's a plus! ^_^ Now to get to work.

Walking to the company's entrance, I'm greeted by the oji-san guarding the entrance and Jake, a foreigner from Canada.

"Rainy morning, isn't it Kyosei?" Jake says in an accent.

"Sure is. Forgot to bring an umbrella and I'm sorta wet but it'll dry off... I hope."

Jake laughs but apologizes and opens the door for me. "Same thing here. We'll have fun today Kyosei."

"Likewise, Jake."

Going inside the company I take a sharp right and press a button for the elevator and wait for it to come.

*ding*

Ah, it's here.

Letting the elevator open its doors I see Daki, Tayami, and Sayari inside.

"Oh! Gomenasai Daki-san, Tayami-san, Sayari-san."

Tayami nods while Saki and Sayari greet me. I step inside the elevator and press the floor I'm going to.

"You guys ready for today's suffering?" I said trying to start small talk.