Behind You

The votes have been casted! Furn shall go alone.

_____________________________________

Furn's pov

It's been 2 days since Elyn has healed Darel. During that time I contemplated whether or not I should bring Darel and Gen with me. I know I might be overreacting but for some reason, I have this feeling that if I bring them along it will cause too much concern. Darel almost died, and Gen could've died as well if I was mere minutes late. And let's not forget the Reapers of Hades. If they decide to use them as hostages it will be the end of me and later down the line Ru.

*knock*

*knock*

"Coming."

I walk towards the door and open it.

"Oh, it's you. What do you want?"

Elyn: "Ah well I came to tell you that Darel has awoken. Though he seems a bit..."

I raise my eyebrow expecting something bad.

Elyn: "He's a bit down. Like depressed down."

"*sigh* I thought it was more serious than that."

Elyn: "That is serious! Seriously you humans sometimes surprise me."

". . ."

"I know it's serious. I know from experience. Changing topics, can I go see Darel?"

Elyn: "Of course! Gen is also there. *Lustful sigh* 3 cute and stupid men in my inn. You're making this old lady be youthful again."

". . . I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that."

Walking past Elyn I make my way to Darel's room. I knock twice and find the door slightly open.

'Either it was like this or someone else is there.'

It's highly unlikely that someone is in there but the chances of it are never zero.

"Gen. It's me, Furn, can I come in?"

Gen: "Eh ah yeah. Come in."

I open the door and see Gen sitting on a chair close to Darel.

"You look... well."

Gen laughs in response. "Yeah. Countless nights just looking out for this jackel does this for you."

"Heh. Guess so. Is he... I heard he's down."

Gen: "Yeah. He won't talk or eat. Just sleep and mumble some words. Whatever happened over there did something to him mentally."

"With a room filled with nothing but blood yea, something definitely happened. And did the people say anything about it?"

Gen shakes his head. "No. It seems they also have the same 'down' as Darel but to a lesser degree. I plan to visit that place and see if there are any clues."

"Right... Gen, there's something I want to discuss with you."

Gen: "What is it?"

"I'm going to send you back to Chitose-sensei. Now hear me out --."

Gen: "Hear you out?! Furn, just because that incident happened doesn't mean you can discard us! Hell, the reason why we're with you is because the Elder gifted us to you! I can understand not bringing Darel 'cause of this. But me?! Furn, we're friends, aren't we?"

'I didn't expect this outburst...'

"You don't- no, you wouldn't understand. This journey is much more dangerous than it seems. My entire existence defies this world. And for that reason, Gods are involved in this journey. You saw this. The reaper, Chitose-sensei, chakra, and me. This isn't something you nor Darel can overcome. Only I can."