The North Awaits

*shiver*

*blowing sfx*

"It's. Fucking. Cold." A shivering Rudeus whispers.

"This. Is. All. Your. Fault." I replied with the same conditions as Rudeus. "How. In. Hell. Did. I. Agree. To. This!"

Feeling a sharp pain in my arm, I yelp a "Fuck!" out loud disturbing the other people in the cart. Though I wasn't the only one. Rudeus also yelps a "Fuck!" as the cold makes the pain feel much worse.

I turn to Ru and ask him a simple question: "The. Fuck?!" 

"I. Regret. What. I. Did." Ru ignores my question and blows hot air onto his knuckles to lessen the pain of it from the cold hitting me. 

"Fucking. Great." I whisper. Not only do I have to deal with this cold for who-knows-how-long and this idiot of a brother of mine. I can already tell this journey of ours is going to be a pain in the ass to what it already was.

"That's some sibling relationship if I ever saw one." A voice in front of us chuckles. 

Ru and I look at the person who said that... A milky chocolate-skinned woman smiles looking at us with her hand supporting her chin. "Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to say that out loud."

"No. It's our fault in the first place due to this idiot." We point to each other which makes us go at our necks for that remark. 

"HAHAHAHA!!!" The woman laughs at the entertainment in front of her. "Man, I haven't laughed like this in a while. If you don't mind me asking, why are you two here?"

"Well that's complicated but simple," Ru responds. "But I can say that we're searching for our mother and his l--!" 

I quickly cover Ru's mouth and awkwardly smile at the lady. "It's a touchy subject. But it's related to the "teleported incident" at the Fittoa region."

The lady's eyes widen a bit. "Ah, sorry! I didn't mean to bring that up!"

I wave my hand to deter the topic. "It's fine."

The lady looks the other way feeling a bit guilty about bringing the "Teleportation Incident" into the conversation without knowing. I wouldn't blame her for that. Anyone would feel guilty and saddened to hear about that incident.

A sigh escapes from my mouth. "Let's change topics. Where are we headed?" 

"Ahem. Right. Eto... Let's see." The lady thought for a second. "We're currently headed to the Duchy of Basherant. One of the 3 Magical Kingdoms that is jointly allied to the other 2 duchies for Magical advancement."

"So that's where we're going..." Ru muttered.

One glare from me told him everything. 

"S-sorry!" Ru shut his mouth.

'Of course, you forgot where we headed...'

"Y'know I could've told ya about that.' Kurma chuckled. "But where's the fun in telling you?"

"What do you say about joining our party?" The lady smiled. 

"EHH?!" A high-pitched voice yelled at the lady. Her companion with her to the North sat next to her. I assumed she was sleeping the entire time or ignoring the entire conversation with her eyes closed.   

Then again I wasn't paying attention.

[Timeskip brought to you by me isekai'ing you]

Finally. A place that won't be too cold to sleep in.

Hopping off the cart, Ru and I stick with Suzanne and Sara who find their party the second we get off. From features alone, I can tell they aren't that strong but looks can be deceiving... Apart from judging them like a book's cover, they are very welcoming.