Eris's 10th Birthday

([07.02.23/03.07.23] Has been re-formated for your eyes :))

As days went on, I and Ru began teaching Eris and Ghislaine basic math, literature, history, and science. Though the science part of teaching is mostly due to my knowledge back from Earth, that said it does help them learn spells and create spells quicker and easier. As for me and Ru. Well, let's just say we a completely different version of Eris whenever she switches lessons with us. For example, when I finish my training session with Ghislaine, Eris is too excited to start the lesson and goes in as if I was having a 2v1. It's annoying at times, but she's dedicated in improving her sword and taijutsu.

"What did I say about going at me when I just finished my sparring?".

Eris: "How could I resist?! Seeing you win or have a draw with Ghislaine is getting me pumped up in getting to your level!".

"*sigh* Fine, we start but let me put my blindfold back on." As I turn around with my eyes closed
I put my blindfold on and back around and get in a stance. "Alr-".

Eris: "How come I can't fight you without your blindfold off?! You do it every time with Ghislaine."

"We've been over this already. Do you really want to lose each fight in 10 seconds?".

Eris: "N-yes! Yes, I do. It'll help improve and beat you." She said with a proud tone.

"*sigh* How about this. If you can land a single hit on me, I'll consider fighting with my Sharingan. Deal?".

Eris: "Yes!".

"Well, let's start."

I charge towards Eris, reverse gripping my sword. Eris blocks it but at the last second, I move my hand right and turn my sword left, piercing her abdomen.

"Again." I get back in position and get into my stance again.

(3 hours later)

"Well, I must say you've improved in both taijutsu and Sword combat. Well, that's all the time we have.".

Eris: "T-thank you for teaching me!".

'Did... Did she stutter? Uhm...' "It's no problem, I'm just doing my job as your teacher". I move my hand and began head patting her, surprisingly she didn't leash out and try to hit. Well, I guess that's progress. "Well, see ya." I began walking back inside the mansion and headed inside our (Furn's and Rudeus's) room. As we adjusted our beds and played some rock, paper scissors.

*knock knock*

"Should I get it or you?".

Ru: "Best of 3, the loser has to open the door."

"Deal."

(5 minutes later)

"Tch. Fine, I'll open the door. Coming".

I walked to the door and opened it, revealing one of Eris's teachers. "Is something wrong, Miss?".

???: "Mister Furn, it's a pleasure to be your acquaintance. My name is Edna Rayrune. I am here to consult with you and mister Rudeus."

"Oh. Uh. Sure, come inside."

(Some explanation later)

Ru: "Eris needs more dancing lessons?".

Rayrune: "Hai. In a couple of months, Miss Eris's 10th birthday will happen. And a great party will celebrate that occasion, and noble from different lands will be invited to witness it."

"I can't see Eris as the dancing type, despite her... issues."

Rayrune: "Thats true. But if Miss Eris doesn't master basic courtesy, let alone dancing, she would be the laughingstock of the nobles, especially the ladies of other nobles."

Rudeus: "That would be horrible, I'll bet. But what's has it got to do with our lessons?".

Rayrune: "Well, I came here to request some time from your lesson to be incorporated into my dancing lesson, so miss Eris will master the dances."

Rudeus: "I see. Well if that all it was, then you can feel free and take some of our time for that."

Rayrune: "You don't mind?".

"Well we don't want Eris to be the laughingstock, now do we? Also, her 10th birthday should be a happy one."

Rayrune: "I, thank you for giving me your valuable time. I shall take my leave."

Miss Rayrune stood up and left the room. With Ru behind her to close the door.