To The Rescue!

3rd pov

In the middle of the night, 2 figures walk stealthily to an unfamiliar place. One of the figures narrowly misses a sign that stands a few inches above them. 

"Why is there a sign at my height?!" The figure groaned causing the second figure to remind her to be quiet. 

"I know, I know." The figure quietly comments while walking in front of the second figure. "And are you sure we're headed the right way, Ruijerd?".

The second figure, known as Ruijerd lowers his head at the small figure."Depends if the message we received a few hours ago is correct. And is not a trap by an unknown enemy." 

"Well, I don't know who has bad blood with us but if they dare hurt Furn I'll beat them to a pulp!" The small figure said clenching her fist. The comment caused the tall figure, Ruijerd to sigh.

'Sometimes I wonder why I'm here. . .' 

"Hmm?" Ruijerd glances at the building in front of him. "Eris... stay behind me." 

The small figure, Eris looks at Ruijerd with a confused expression. "It was a trap? Are we fucked?" 

"No." Ruijerd shook his head. "At least not yet. But it's good to be cautious in situations like these."

"I guess you're right... I really want to fight." Eris stood behind Ruijerd but whispered the last part to herself.

The building that Ruijerd and Eris are going to is a place for a secret meeting the message mentioned and explicitly emphasized why they would want to go in the building. Something about, 'aligns with your beliefs'.

With slow steps toward the building. The 2 individuals glance at their surroundings in case of ambush or for ways to escape in case an ambush does happen. The two nod at each other and release their weapons, one that Furn had upgraded for a reason that they do not know but appreciated it either way.

*knock*

*knock*

"Dark clouds come near." 

"And with it a storm of chaos."

The door slightly opens revealing a woman. The woman raises her head at Ruijerd who drags his hood down revealing his face. Eris follows suit. 

"Is this the 'secret meeting' the message spoke of?" Ruijerd asked the women. 

Even though the woman doesn't look like much of a challenge to Ruijerd and Eris, her eyes say something else. Ruijerd a warrior at heart knows that this woman is a veteran but she is far too young to have joined any wars or battles. 

This world truly is filled with weird individuals. 

"Yes. It is. Did anyone follow you on the way here?" The woman asked.

"No." Ruijerd answered.

The woman stood there for a moment before fully opening the door to let Ruijerd and Eris come in. "Come in. Time is of the essence." 

Following the woman down the halls of the building, a trapdoor is opened. Leading into a basement decorated with tables and chairs. 

"For a 'secret meeting' this place looks professional," Ruijerd commented. 

"It may be." The woman stopped and a few other people come out.