Mother's Prison

(Vin Diesel wants to know your location)

[Rudeus' Pov]

"Was it after the whole kidnapping thing or the destruction of the dungeon and parts of the castle that the royal family decided to send you here?" I asked Zanoba.

"I believe it was right in between the two events. Father feared my capabilities and what I would do if left unattended." Zanoba answer. "It's relaxing being here. Having people who have similar problems like you is comforting despite the clear status quo in the place of 'equality'."

I nodded along. Finding some truth in what he said. Even in my old life, the school was meant as a place where everyone was equal and treated with respect despite the social class they were from. But that was a facade. And I HATE it.

"I can see that." I looked around us. Not a single person in sight, with Zanoba here. It reminds me of the days Yamaki and I were on the roof of the school eating our lunch talking about anime and stuff.

'Good times they were... I wonder how's he doing over there.' 

"Ah! That's right, since you're my senior, shouldn't I call you my senpai?"

"Please!" Zanoba waved his hand. "Just call me by my name like you have. And I'll call you master, as you are my master!"

"I suppose you're right." I laughed. 

"Oi, you." A voice interrupts the humor I partook in. "I heard you from Fitz and it seems you have forgotten something about who partakes his guard for the princess." 

'Forgetful? Of what? Of him or of something else?'

"Tell me, do you know my name perchance?" He asks me. 

"If I did I would have recognized you and said your name," I responded. "And I frankly don't care who you are. Be it noble, commoner, or a god."

"So it seems I'm nothing but a speck in your eyes? Is that what you're implying?" The boy mocks.

"Look. I don't know you, and you don't know me." I told him. "Now go do your horny activity elsewhere before I-"

"Hmph. It seems I have to educate you on who I am." The boy interrupts me. "I am Luke Notos Greyrat."

I raise my eyebrow, "A Greyrat?". Huh, well I guess Dad would have siblings that I wouldn't know of. Now I'm curious who else is my relative in this place or anywhere else in general.

[Furn's Pov]

"You can't be serious!" Roxy-sensei shakes me. "I will not have you go down in that place with us to help us. That place is a hell specifically built to kill all who venture through all sorts of methods."

"And I have been through worse. Death is but a game to me now. I greet it only to leave a second later leaving it sour and vengeful." I told her. "I will come with you."

"But--" 

"Roxy, it's okay," Paul tells her. "He is no longer a child. He is a warrior, an adult, and a mage."

Roxy looks at Paul with anger and a worrisome expression, being conflicted about coming with them. I am her student, her friend, and most importantly the closest thing she has had to a child. I know because of that talk from all those years ago.

"Fine. But if anything happens to you... How will I tell your mother?"

"You don't have to. Because I will not die." I told her. "I have already conquered death and will do so until I give it to it."

"You better!" Roxy-sensei crossed her arms.

"So when will we begin the expedition? I don't want to wait any longer. It has been years since mother has been gone." I ask them. "I would like to go as soon as possible."