{009}

CHAPTER 9

[real life,imessage]

"This shit lame as fuck bruh"

real life

"what you mean you not gone be able to come to my party" ja asked melody walking in the living room.

"i can't come because i have a photo shoot on that day. my manager forgot it was your birthday and accidentally booked me for that day" melody said shrugging her shoulders.

"why you shrugging your shoulders like you don't give a fuck" ja said throwing a pillow at melody's face.

attempting to throw it back at his face but he caught it, "i tried to get out of it but this is a really important photo shoot. i'm sorry maybe we can do something next week?"

"its not gone be the same without you but at least you getting a bag" he said grabbing his game controller.

ja's birthday was tomorrow and melody told him that she "wouldn't be able to make it this year due to work." what he didn't know was that melody had planned everything and funded everything. she also had a huge surprise for him, that she was going to right now.

let's just say she was about to spend a bag on him.

***

"i'm finna leave, happy early birthday" she said hugging him.

"this shit lame as fuck bruh, but ight" he said hugging her back.

"ja don't be like that, not when your birthday is tomorrow" she said now hold his face in her hands.

"i'm trying not to be but this just don't feel right and it sure as hell don't seem fair" he said looking at her face.

ja really wanted to kiss melody at that moment. to make her stay but he knew that would only complicate things more. ja started thinking about that night in the pool. remember their kiss? well they didn't exactly talk about it, they just went on like it never happened. neither of them knew that the other really wanted to talk about it and to see what it meant.

before he could even do anything melody cleared her throat, "umm i gotta go, i love you."

"oh yeah, love you too" and with that melody left to get in her car and ja locked the door behind her.

imessages

brodie💙 ; dtap
sister💙 ; melody

brodie💙
the folks at the club said everything good

sister💙
okay that's good!

brodie💙
how did ja take the news 😂

sister💙
he was sooo mad he threw a pillow at
my face cause i was acting like i ain't care

brodie💙
damn 😂😂 you dead ass wrong
for that but the outcome gone make
up for that

sister💙
i can't wait to see his face 🥴

brodie💙
me neither, but did you get the car yet?

sister💙
no i'm pulling up to the dealership right now

brodie💙 liked sister💙 message
read 4:23 pm

real life

"we have one lambo left ma'am but its in green" the dealership man told me, as we were walking to the car.

when melody left ja house she went straight to the dealership. this was her birthday gift for him. only her and dtap knew about this surprise and she could't wait until ja got to see it.

melody looked inside of the car and asked the man a couple of questions about the car before saying, "nah, he's not really a big fan of lambo's."

"but do ya'll have any jeep track hawks" she said still thinking about how ja said he wanted one.

"umm, yes we do. its right over here" he said now leading her in the direction of the three cars.

as soon as she seen the matted black one she smiled, "we just got in a new jeep cherokee trackhawk srt, about two days ago" the man said pointing at the matted black one.

"i really like this one" she said, as the man opened the door for her. her eyes went wide she already knew ja would love it.

"it has 756 hp, the top speed is 290 miles per hour, and everything in the car is new" he said looking at his tablet.

"i'll take it. yeah this is the one he's gonna love it" melody said smiling.

"okay, i'll get the paperwork ready. your boyfriend is a lucky guy" the mad said smiling at melody.

laughing melody said, "he's not my boyfriend, he's just my best friend."

"oh and can you guys tint the windows 30% and make the interior red, or would i have to get that done somewhere else?"

"we can do it here actually but it'll be 200 dollars extra and it's gonna take a hour" he said handing her the paperwork.

"that's fine" she said before giving him her card and license.

💌: this is a semi short chapter... i apologize but it's gonna get better in the next two chapters.