Chapter 14- The Dafiin's self introductions

*^Image not mine, but from Pinterest^*

From this chapter on some swear words will appear. You have been warned. Shield your innocent eyes.

Mark's slightly widened eyes met my eyes when he turned his head.

He didn't release my wrist, nor did he do anything different from his actions before I uttered his name.

It didn't take me long to pretend that I didn't say or do anything. I didn't hear the conversation that these people were having before. So it would be strange if I suddenly said someone's name, especially since I shouldn't be able to speak any languages and I didn't know if Mark's name was said by someone beforehand. Simply saying someone's name like I just did was reckless. I'm already aware that a monitor and the people around me are watching me. So why did I say anything!

People that are mute don't say anything, so why can't I become like them. Ah, right! I am a complete and utter idiot. I'd start barking randomly if I get the chance to. So what's the point in pretending I'm mute. I'm already a quiet person and wouldn't it be strange if I started talking as soon as I went on an idol show. I'm no actor.

Maybe that's another problem. Acting.

I sighed with my mouth closed. Mark had only looked back at me for a moment before he looked up ahead again.

I was hopeful that he didn't hear me or thought that someone else had said his name. But something was wrong with this kid. I don't really understand what was wrong with him. But something was definitely up.

To be completely honest with you. This family had something wrong with it. No matter how much I want to deny it and just see them as scum or whatever else. I couldn't. Well, at least when it came to Mark. The others however were messed up. None of them had any DNA that matched with each other. They also happened to put up a convincing act of being good?

I don't want to appear pessimistic at all... But even if I somehow manage to stay in this family until Trina shows up and says she wants to be in this family, I'll probably end up dead.

Afterall, being adopted into a family that the female lead wants to join, when she gets transmigrated later on, isn't the best way to survive. She'll eventually know that somethings up and start chasing me to prevent any deviation from the things she remembered in the novel. But that would happen later on when the idol shows on and she decides that she should get me adopted into her friend's family.

Of course, that's just wishful thinking. I've already been shown on the news a couple of times and the female lead will get her body's memories when she transmigrates anyway. If Emma giving her excess skin and bonus main ability isn't enough. Than me being the person who took her victim title that allows her to keep her acting to the minimum would definitely anger her.

The Dafiin's weren't worth the struggle. Even if I managed to stay in their family, I don't think they'd treat me well. Given their initial reactions to me it was safe to say that these people had some hate in their hearts when it came to me. They probably think of me as an annoying problem they took on to relieve some of their acting load.

The chatter of the outside world broke out when someone opened the door. They just let me out wearing my dungeon clothes and started showing me off when going through the front doors. A part of me wondered why the reporters were trying so hard to get me to hit them, but I didn't really care. Mark's hand was still on my wrist dragging me towards a car.

Once he opened the door he got in. After which I was dragged in by him and he reached over me to close the door. This guy was strange. He started buckling my seatbelt for me, as I watched my new parents and grandfather chit chatting with the reporters.