Chapter 69- Advanced Fluency

Stress induced rage at my stupidity wasn't present in my seat. I'd learn all of the languages in depth and often read their literature. I won't lie and say I've read more classics due to my own interests. No, I'd read the new age comics, web comics, web novels and so on, that the different races were coming into. It was enough to improve my fluency. Something I'd only dream about being able to do in my previous world.

Not enough to make me pass the advanced fluent level deep into the technical Manual level of a language. Funnily enough, my life experiences were enough for me to pass the more technical manual level of language in Elven, Dwarven and Arcana.

Elven and Dwarven were part of the main languages I grew up with due to various teachers. Even after turning thirteen I'd still have more advanced teachers on the weekend, something I decided in order to keep myself in check and learn.

Arcana on the other hand was practically entirely a technical knowledge kind of language. It was the language of magic and an old aged type of general magic that had pieced off into multiple other languages as time passed on. Arcana was technical and impossibly large. If I didn't go into dungeons and didn't have Emma's dreams of her solving runes, as well as not solving runes by myself I knew I'd barely get far after becoming fluent in Arcana. Luckily we only need advanced fluency in it.

Laymen was more difficult to get far above advanced fluency. The Laymen language was the name we'd all given to a supposedly ancient mixed code switching type of language that allows for a garbled speech of some of the most common languages to be heard.

Typically you'd code switch to the language you'd want to be understood or converse in. In order to test it, it seems Rain made papers asking you to code switch to a certain language within the laymen language. The main most common languages we use now were tested from basic alphabets to advanced fluency. After which, the test asked for more languages to be code switched to.

Each time a paper arrived in the Laymen language it gave me a slight headache with its complexity. It was like a secret language you'd used in school in my past life, like the one where you'd add one letter to the end of your words that would completely boggle the minds of most outsiders.

When the basic inter world language finally came up I was both happily surprised and disappointed. Happy since I'd ended up going into the basic inter world language course and disappointed since I'd found out in the test paper's that I already knew the language. I'd learn it this life. To be specific, I learned it in the first dungeon I went to after being reborn as a transmigrator in this world.

The watchers often wrote messages to me in this language in the dungeon and taught it to me. I was young and felt like I could learn anything. Somehow I ended up learning it. I should be worried and overthink everything again. But I didn't want to. I felt a strange lack of emotions for it all.

I didn't pass the first technical paper, but I passed advanced fluency inter-world language, even though the option only specifically said basic interworld language. I wondered what they'll teach me and if I'll directly read literature and learn more about the history of the language. Or was there anything else to talk about.

I don't know how much time had passed, but I yawned and stretched.

The assembly room's scent of adolescent teens that painted themselves in different perfumes was tinged with the dark musky scent of the recently used cleaning products. There might have also been a woody smell, but with all things considered I guess I just made that up. Does wood that's been fully finished even have a scent? Isn't it normal for the scent to get locked up under varnish or another process? If they were cared for would they smell like the oil or product used to take care of them?