Chapter 36- Quests and Rewards Unknown

...

Waking up the next day, the artificial light in the room greeted me.

Not much was explained to me. I woke up, ate breakfast and was sent back to my dorm room. That was all. Other than the grey room not having the blood I threw up in it, it was just how I had left it.

Respite lasted for an hour and I had to go back into my routine.

Thankfully as I was going back into a norm, I missed the extra time I needed to sort out my thoughts. An extra hour wasn't enough. There was barely enough time for me to shower and prepare the things I needed in order to do my laundry when I came back.

It wasn't until the week had finished that I had healed back to my "healthy state" before I healed Felixe.

By then, I had survived the week. I guess I was lucky in my preparation and the fact that the show was hitting one of the stages where those who chose to laze about now and then would drop the ball on their performances.

The solo dance performance piece and large group performance was completed. Although I wouldn't say that I was proud of my performance, I was happy that I managed to pass and attend my normal classes.

What I was happiest about was that my ability showed itself after I learned that I passed for the week. However, that didn't mean that the cause of my full ability being unlocked or making itself known was due to any actions I took at the end of the week.

No. The screen was enough to explain that.

[]

Screen-

-Congratulations! You've unlocked your full ability.

Main ability- Energy GUARD + Energy Souls Fulfillment, trait ALL, passive HEALING, active ALL TRAITS, GOD TIER. Human Intermediate Advanced

To further unlock your potential in this ability it will give you tasks to complete and you're required to grow more in your understanding of it.

[]

The only down sides about it is that I had no help in learning about my ability and my ability unlocked in front of cameras that are always monitoring me. The cameras were always recording me and I thought that it was just unfortunate that I felt uncomfortable under unknown gazes from an unknown amount of people. Something similar to what the screen feels like, but with a lot more known about who's watching.

Of course, I was wrong to assume that.

That became alarmingly apparent with Emma's grey ghost/soul appearing in the room. I didn't even know if other people could see her, but after what I assumed to be the moderator's voice informing me about the safety of Emma's new form I think others can both see and hear her.

I assumed that they could hear her, because the moderator responded that she was an entity that transfers mostly memories of her life or some reward.

She asked "Are you ready to survive in place of me? Erm... I m-mean I'm sorry you've been through so much..."

Rain, the moderator changed the course of direction briefly directing my attention to what a god-send it was. "Aeon, would you like some chocolate? From what I have observed, you like sweet food like chocolate and become happier after consuming it."

"Yes! Please. Thank you." My answer was swiftly rewarded with some sweet treats. 

I'd personally sing a song rating the moderator highly for its efforts to comfort me, if it weren't for the cameras being on when my ability was unlocked.

When the contestants with the highest scores passed this week and were doing their victory competitions I had a two hour conversation with Emma abruptly as she really didn't have that much energy to spare.

To summarise what was talked about, I and Emma were coming to terms with our existences and my ability.

Apparently my ability was unlocked when I healed Felixe, but since I was injured from it Emma stated my abilities unlocking waited until I regained some of my health. Emma didn't know much about the world and abilities. I guess that's what happens when someone dies before they can go to do dungeon service.

Following that we discussed our health and Emma started listing out the people I must avoid with the reasons for avoiding them. To be honest that went in one ear and went out through the other. What I did listen to is how she upgraded her own ability and how she has some knowledge on my ability. That is that she believes our abilities both have reached a stage where we can be given quests and suggests that I can get more assured benefits from the tasks given.

Her quest being that I must survive and enter dungeon service. She also stated that she can give some tasks if I think that I can survive easily in this world. Her existence being temporary and having a set battery power meant that she couldn't offer much help in the main quest if she gives me rewards for tasks.

I chose to get no help and was taken into her memories once again when I went to sleep.

That night was surreal and I found out my task was to travel to different dungeons that Emma had been to. The tasks themselves included to get healthier from the items Emma had used in spaces where time cut and gain more knowledge from within the dungeons Emma had gone through.

Thankfully, this time wasn't as painful as my previous experience of living through her memories. If anything it was still painful, because she was always more injured than me who had a more powerful passive healing ability. But it wasn't unpleasant watching her pass through numerous times focused on dungeons.

If anything it was refreshing and gave me the idea that studying in the dungeons to be more efficient time wise.