Chapter 83- Two G's

There was still a scent of burnt trash singeing my nostril hairs.

Nothing was here now and a beep sounded off notifying everyone that Trina was now officially dead. It was an automatic robotic voice that said so. I was probably one of the only people that thought much about Trina in this world.

As if to confirm that my phone vibrated and it's screen lit up with a notification on one of the topics I registered a search engine to keep me updated on. It was News that Trina's biological and originally thought of as biological family dying. It seemed to be a result of the Dafiin's actions. Namely the actions of the thieves who stole the family name Dafiin and chose to adopt Trina. There wasn't any news on Mark Dafiin and it seemed like they viewed him as a victim who chose to travel away to somewhere unknown to get some peace of mind after Dungeon Service.

The coloured boxes on the screen ask for donations for the news site as I scrolled to the end of the website article. I paused for a moment before clicking out and looking around me at the broken place that was continuously burning. It was pleasing to the eyes, even with them tearing up due to the ashes. The world was no longer solely grey, but had a natural red, white and black pulsating through it like embers coming back to life.

I left and brought with me the ash that I previously stepped through.

Only the first couple of steps were imprinted on the villa's floor once I entered the house. No one was here. It wasn't time for most people to return from their studies or extracurricular activities including training for the competition and playing other games.

I walked up with the setting sun warming my skin. Step by step I reached my room and continued to the shower after locking the door behind me.

I didn't take my clothes off immediately, but stood in the shower under the water that rained down coldly before warming up. Beneath me the remnants of ash were being drained.

It was only when the grey stopped bleeding off of me that I took my clothes off. I placed them in the plastic bin full of dirty clothes that I'll throw in the room's laundry machine in a bit.

The shower lasted a while. So did the laundry after that.

Tired as I was, I walked down stairs to the now spotless landing to make dinner in the kitchen for myself. The lights had automatically come on, but no one was downstairs. I heard some murmurs and sounds of doors upstairs. Imagining that the others had just arrived or left after eating I finished eating alone in silence. No one was met during this time out of my designated room.

Back in my room I started testing active TOUCH. The passive of the same ability hasn't come up and whilst going on with my day I couldn't understand what I needed to do to activate it, so I didn't dwell on it. There wasn't an urgent need to find out more about my passive.

As I thought as such, I touched a pencil on my desk.

My mind hummed. It was like I was actively trying to think of daydream, because I was still largely aware of what was happening around me even when my mind wasn't actively all there. This feeling only lasted for ten seconds and only showed me the room that I left. It was a still image. If I didn't read the screen's description I'd have thought the ability was useless from this first test.

I moved onto touching the desk that's in the room. Rather than the pencil that I moved, the desk was more interesting. The same thing happened with the pencil, but this time I saw the people moving things into the room after the desk was placed. It was only for ten seconds, but I heard voices of the movers. It seemed that the room was designed like this three years ago. Other than that there wasn't much I could find in the ten seconds. I was just lucky to find out the date in the memory. However, it was still interesting.

After I checked with my own live streaming room I found out that only I could see the ten seconds of time.

Stretching my body I put on a beginner yoga video, because I didn't want to go work out right now. At this time of day many people would be at the gyms around this area. Rather than showing my pathetic form there, this was a better solution for the stiff me. It was one of the few and fastest ways I could think about to test my physical memory ability. It also tested the restrictions placed on the current or future active training part of the ability. Although I didn't think the activity was there to abet me in my physical journey into training my body to a new prime state, better than the current prime state. The ability itself didn't seem like a short term power, it seems to be a powerful long term ability. The rank was G like the past memory ability, but they both had their own advantages and disadvantages.

Whilst doing yoga I'd touch my phone every now and then. I made sure to move it after I touched it and waited for a singular stretch to be finished before touching it again.

At that moment I decided that although I may get something from the competition I should try my best to visit the warehouse and perform well to practice my abilities further as one of the focal points of my attention. It was realistic to aim for the top five, but thinking that I'd get more than that didn't seem like an efficient use of my time.

Trina's dead, but I still have dungeon service to do. All I knew about it was that there was a rough schooling or training camp atmosphere to it through Trina's point of view. And her point of view wasn't something trustworthy. Trina also didn't immediately go to dungeon service, but joined later on. It may have changed when it reached her or she may not have done it at all. From what I could hardly remember she'd barely introduced any new information that should have been taught in dungeon service.

It was a mute point.

In any case, I need to try my best within this period of time before the competition ends. From what I saw from my followers or fans, they also don't seem to care much about whether I win the competition or not. It made me oddly proud that they all hoped to judge the performances on the competition objectively. I didn't hide how proud I was of them either and verbally agreed with some comments of those who were watching me out loud.