Chapter 41- Progression

The first week of the second month began.

It was another gruelling week where I happened to be in a group. Whether intentional or unintentional they all awkwardly treated me as non-existent, ignoring me when deciding on the choices of songs and whether intentionally or not chose to give me the verse that required the lowest octave in the song.

Malicious as they may be, they were woefully ignorant when it came to music. It was just a shame that two of them were already famous musicians of sorts, but failed to pass the week.

...

Gaab was watching the show in a clubroom that he successfully won due to his passionate speech that Fan clubs are also clubs that are beneficial to his cultivation as both a student and a person. During the week in the large empty room that was now the old theatre room for the acting course that moved over to their newly built building, Gaab had gotten more requests to join then he'd originally thought.

From filling his well founded petty desires in rejecting his ex friends and their friends who joined in on their scripts, to finding out and accepting the youngest to the oldest people in the school- including some of the faculty members.

Gaab has done it all, without realising that he'd amassed a large following of his own. Granted that the following largely comprised fellow fans of Aeon who either wanted to make their own fan clubs for her or carry out dungeon related activities safely.

Currently Gaab's club has gone completely silent. The moment their idol changed the song all with just her own voice had stunned them so much that they immediately went online to find the gratifying reactions of other viewers. They weren't disappointed at all.

-... Well, they tried. But...

- Yep, it's bad for the boys, but...

- Does that make sense?

- Well, the others in the group clearly wanted to screw her over, but didn't realise she was the only one who understood the assignment. Lol.

- It's not perfect at all. Yet it's so refreshing!

"It's only natural."

"Yep. What else did we expect."

Gaab's voice cut through the happy murmurs of the club members, "This was the obvious course of action, our idol worked hard and we saw her through to the payoff. If they paid even a bit of attention to her they would have noticed that she didn't care about what they did, because her success wasn't dependent on them."

It was only after an hour that the club brought out their clips they had recorded of Aeon going to some dungeons. The dungeons only included those open to the public and Gaab reminded others that they sadly can't scavenge or harvest things in the dungeon like Aeon due to their lack of knowledge.

That very next Saturday bore witness to large groups of teens raiding dungeons and immediately going onto their phones to vote for their idol every second they weren't in the dungeons.

...

I was exhausted. I couldn't explain it into words, but spending time expecting Harvey to pop up every now and then was too much. I missed the kind of comfort Felixe's presence provided. Annoying as it was, I missed that confusing person that seemed to have a mood swing every now and then. Things might have been better if my friends I'd made from school were around, just letting me exist in my strange peaceful and silent state.

It was now the second week of the second month.

It called for another week of the competition that was a near constant part of our lives as contestants as studying was in university. Hmm.. I suppose that sentence says a lot about my current messy mindscape. I aimed to do so many things around the competition, but I'm still living in the recurring nightmare of being a jobless person who's essentially uneducated in common sense. Others would still worry about university and school if they were in my shoe's too right?