Chapter 46- Plants

Who knows if it was a mistake to look at that goblin with such kind will, but no one said anything in our party of three.

In truth, it was growing on me to an abnormal point at an alarming rate.

It was just one of those things. The things that change when you move your hand while colouring or painting, enhancing or destroying something. It was similar to a game which levels and changes. Most importantly, it was different from my slight evolution as its improvements and evolution could be visually seen in what was more of a succinctly significant way.

From a human I was slowly and ambiguously turning into a light bulb. Whereas, the human eyed goblin was becoming 'better' in its every upgrade.

Nevertheless, it was strange that its evolution seemed to be affected by my dungeon trips to digest cores and find the highest quality of medicinal plants that this world could offer. I mean, why would medicinal plants have any effect on it?! Even if he was cursed or sick in some goblin turning way. Maybe it's my lack of knowledge on the subject, but I couldn't help but view it as an oddity.

At this point there were only a few unharvested plants. Looking over to the two additional 'sick' individuals I warned, "eat it now or finish packing it up carefully now. We won't get much of a chance to carefully handle the last remaining few, because the trolls will come."

Both nodded languidly.

Noticing the nods, I began eating the medicinal plants while some of my energy covered my hands and seemed to play with the plants. If I was being honest I just developed a bad habit at checking or cooking my food with energy like this.

The blue light coming from the Lit joy plant whose technical name was unknown to me, gave a cold atmosphere in the cave. Ironically as it was the plant didn't show its passionate effects from it's basic look or maybe looks don't work like that.

The blue bulb of the plant was at the end of leaves that were like feathers. On each end of these pale green leaves were two blue bulb's. The difference between the root bulb and the bulb that's the fruit of the plant is that the root bulb is connected to all of the leaves unlike the fruited bulb that's at the end of singular leaves. It doesn't seem to matter much to me as I was going to consume the whole plant in its entirety.

After finishing consuming and sitting down with a quiet look on my face I heard Felixe's voice, only to find both of my companions looking at me strangely.

"You ate it all... Raw too?"

I raised an eyebrow as I explained what was obvious to me. "Of course I did. Raw consumption of these types of plants that you can use your energy to melt is the best method to go forward with. Especially this one. The leaves react even if you just place your energy around it. Although, I didn't need to train my energy by only touching it and having it absorb my type of energy outside my body to make consuming the plant easier. Either way works for me, anyway the plant leaves help cleanse and develop a temporary lower grade poison resistance for about a day if you digest it like me with intermediate grade poisons already within your body."

"Then, about the bulbs?"

"They grow with an outer layer, which needs a healing type of energy to cover it in order to digest it efficiently."

"And if I don't have any healing energy to do that?"

"You'll need a constant flow of your own energy when consuming it. If you do that the inside liquid from the bulb boils to destroy the outer layer."

Felixe's mouth's corners turned downwards as he utters the word, "boils?"

"Yes, boils. It's not like boiling up water or other things that typically get hotter when you boil them. When you shoot your energy into the bulb to boil it you're just making it ... energetic? It really depends on the type of energy you have and having a constant flow of it shooting high densities off into the bulb for a while."

"So it's basically impossible to do if you don't have energy on full blast inside of you for a week?"

"No... It's more of a question of having a basic level of energy control. I guess?"

"..."

"You seem to be frustrated. Anyway, you don't need to do it alone if you're going to full blast it for a week with a meagre density of energy anyway! Just get someone to deliver energy or your kind of energy to your body when you do it. Not only is it great training at the beginner level, but if you consume it once you boil the inside the medicinal effect decreases in order to increase other effects."

"And those other effects are..."

"It upgrades your species to a certain level and also upgrades things to do with your energy. For example, the total amount of energy you can hold will be increased permanently, effects of your energy, control of your energy and the density of your energy will improve to different degrees depending on what kind of level you're at. Other than that, I only looked into if it was safe to do."

Standing up with a half confused and exhausted face he stutters, "B-but no one else. How can this be new?"

The bulbs of the harvested plants flicker while I point them away safely and digest the plants I already ate. "But what? Our abilities or energy is investigated mostly by ourselves. I don't think people have got that far into investigating the type of energy or materials dungeon plants have. Even if it's been investigated in depth I doubt that people can look into how energy affects plants like these in depth. Given your uncles reactions when I say or show what I can do with energy, aren't I fairly right in saying that most people in the world haven't investigated the use of energy to a decent state?"

As he sighed, "It hasn't been long enough to care about the use of energy alongside everything else, but if this plant does have that effect...", I got up to harvest the last remaining plants not caring about the 'buts' or 'ifs' of it all.