Chapter 21- Changes at 9

<The Gif above is from https://artsyfeathersartsyblog.tumblr.com/post/153161488527/what-your-rowlett-is-evolving>

...

The years had passed by at a relatively steady speed and by the time I became 8 years old I'd already qualified to get 6 different types of university degrees. It was an event that even surprised me with my low level learning skill and lack of skills in general.

Well, at least it was a feat that could be called impressive in my old world.

Hah.

I know that may not sound impressive for someone who has reincarnated in a world where it's normal for people to get three degrees when they attend a university for three years and are able to gain skills to help them. But learning things is difficult and it wouldn't be a lie to point out that I exhausted my potential cheats or armour in surviving my birth. All I know is that I passed many of the pre-sixth form subjects so I'll be able to pick up the speed. I also hadn't included the dungeon course certificates. I suppose I didn't include them, because I didn't understand how they're graded. They could all be elementary basics that every 8 year old would know about in this world.

Although, whilst I was going through the depressive journey of barely passing to hitting the average grades in my largely focused on educational period, I had thoughts. Maybe it was just an excuse from me, but I can vaguely remember how everyone on the Idol Effigy show could either gain skills quickly, could amass a large number of skills or proved to be incredibly smart in the second year.

My own thoughts led me to watching the show along with some other business project shows. From there I found out that out of all the lottery shows, the Idol Effigy show contained the most people who could objectively and categorically be called geniuses.

Oddly enough I couldn't help, but think about it being some sort of conspiracy.

It's not some new impossible idea that I got. There are shows here and in my past world that would manipulate the results. It was typical for idol shows to be wrought with controversial things. There was evil editing, cutting people from showing a lot on the show, staff being paid behind the scenes to do something and so on.

However, it was hard not to admit that my idea was a little far-fetched. Why would a group of people that could be seen as talented among the hunter seedlings be collected and placed on an idol competition show that doubled as a reality show?

It made no sense! Wouldn't it be better just to make a hunter show about abilities, skills and intelligence? Was there any reason to place these types of people on an idol type of reality competition show other than as a stress reliever?

But even then... What stress did they all accumulate in this world that would require them to go on a highly competitive idol show that won't help them get a job compared to the other shows?

This would typically be the case unless they did well on their university degrees in the second year of the show. Yet this just proved how the show was annoying. It's not like other people they'd meet in the future in this world won't ask them about the show and it will evidently look bad if they don't try their best.

Say you calculate your performance to just get into the second year of the program to let yourself learn multiple university degrees by world acclaimed professors in certain degree courses to different levels. If you slip up at some point in the second year where the show treats the contests and non-passing contestants to a campus that would have music themed variety programs on... Well, let's just say that you're screwed at a lot of places that offer jobs. It's an action that could be interpreted in many different ways, but most would be negative. Even if people want to say that it was a smart move they'll always be a but. Something like you were smart to realise that you weren't smart enough to continue on the show for one reason or another.