Chapter 22- Setting

<Gif from Giphy on Pin interest. The anime the gif is from is called Noragami>

I guess that the settings are still there even if I'm not Emma, I was born in Emma's situation and had already received the anger of such characters like the wanna be blue man group.

Thinking back to what happened that day that made me end up in the courtroom, I thought back to the beginning of the day. I was dressed, dropped off and had my uncle drop by the class I was in to say goodbye.

Yeah, I wonder where it all went wrong?

This school was a rich upper class institute from what I could see and read up online. The teachers were supposed to be smart and they're paid twice the average wage for teachers. Yet, when my uncle returned to say goodbye to me and remind me of some rules... The same fate that fell onto Emma fell onto me, except this time I had some backing to protect me.

My books were wrong, the teacher was teaching things incorrectly on purpose and all the students in the class were doing a self study session as they were in on it. So naturally I was just sitting down planning on how I'd push them into a dungeon or two. Maybe I'd bait some monsters into the school and say that the bait was given to me by a teacher.

That was my thinking process before my uncle came and had every single person in the school temporarily or permanently arrested.

Now we are all in an ostentatiously big courtroom. Every rich person who was connected to the school was sued and many were sent to jail without any time to call their own lawyers. Apparently teaching someone purposefully incorrectly is seen as a heinous crime here, which if a victim's age happened to be 13 would be detrimental. This was especially the case for me, since I was a 13 year old victim of this crime that needed to attend my mandatory 3 years at school and already happened to be pretty sick. Added to that, they were caught red handed and there was plenty of evidence around to show that they did it all to kiss up to some high classed family in the business world.

That high class family being one that was supposed to be the second family to 'adopt' Emma.

The situation was handled fairly quickly and I now had classes that would be monitored by officials amongst other people. Most of the school had to have completely new staff come in and the students who knew enough to play a part in the incident were jailed with the adults who planned it. I now had a new class in the rich school and they had their same old class in prison.

It made me wonder. What was the reason for the second adoption family to seek me out? Trina hadn't truly arrived in this world yet- oh right, she probably did. She's older than me. But my name is completely different... Yet, I did kill my biological family in this world and that did make the news.

A shiver ran down my spine as I thought about the possibilities of her telling her best friend's family to quicken the process that had to do with me.

Sitting in the new class room at break time I ate some snacks whilst I was deep in my thoughts. There were a few students that were still in the class and a lot of students were also in the hallway peering into the glass pane in the classroom door. This classroom had two doors leading into the corridor so I was aware of the attention I was getting.

But there was no need to think about all that. I had to think about the change with the few pieces of the web novels plot that I can still remember.

Didn't Trina's best friend and herself attend the same school with Emma?

In this world there is no Emma, only me. I fit into Emma's settings, because I took her place. Trina's best friend was technically supposed to be my sister when I turned 16, but her family has already turned on me. Well, no one did explain why or who tampered with Emma's education. It could be that that family did this to Emma before.