03

~~ please comment and vote ~~

That night, as Hecate sat on her balcony and allowed the cold feeling of the stone that was beneath her to seep into her skin and cool her down, the blonde Addams girl stared at the moon. Her arms were relaxed and her hands laid still in her lap as she sat cross-legged. The night air blew softly, moving her folden hair to the side a little and she could do nothing but smile in relaxsation.

"So..." Enid trailed off, appearing out of nowhere as she clasped her hands onto Hecate's shoulder. "I saw you and Xavier come up here earlier. Tell the deets!"

"There's no deets to tell, En." Hecate said softly. Her soft tone was something that still enticed Enid and the young werewolf wasn't sure on whether Hecate could've been a siren or not.

"Oh, come on!" The girl playfully groaned as she slapped her roommates shoulder. "You bring a boy to your dorm and nothing happens?!"

"Nothing happened!" Hecate laughed, feeling a little more at ease in Nevermore Academy. There was something about Enid's bubbly and excited nature that made it so easy to be her friend, which meant it was so easy for Hecate's dream of having a friend that wasn't her sister, Wednesday or her little brother, Pugsley.

"But...what did happen?" Enid not sat beside Hecate, resting her head against the Addams' shoulder and Hecate rested her head against Enid's.

"I..." just as Hecate was about to explain the trance she went into earlier as a starting point in fear the rest would not make sense, she shook her head slightly and smiled. It was better to act like an excited teenage girl instead of being a Debbie-Downer. "I found him in the halls not long after you left..."

~~

"Oh my god!" Enid screeched with joy as her arms wrapped themselves around Hecate. "You need to snatch that boy up and make him yours!" She growled, and Hecate was left to snort unattractively before standing to her feet.

"No, Enid." She said, shaking her head. "I...i barely trust him as a friend."

"Why? What are you afraid of?" It sounded like an innocent question as Enid hadn't said it in a snarky or hateful remark. Instead, her curious eyes stared at Hecate like a puppy would and the blonde Addams wasn't sure how to feel about how compelling the look was. It was like Puss in Boots when the cat gives you the eyes with the dilated pupils and you just want to spill every little secret your life has been told or created.

"Abandonment." Hecate mumbled as she then swiftly walked back into the dorm and towards her own bed. She turned out the lights on her side and climbed under the duvet, her back facing Enid, before she tried to control her shaky breaths.

Why was it so bad to admit she was scared of Xavier or even Enid leaving her? Heck, she shouldn't care! She met them that day, literally.

"Talk about attachment issues." She mumbled into her pillow, unaware that Enid heard and the girl felt her little werewolf heart clench tightly. She realised, as she stood helplessly watching Hecate's back, that the girl she shared a dorm with was lost and had been practically unloved.