23

~~ please comment and vote ~~

Whilst Wednesday Addams made a daring escape to the morgue that night, Hecate simply stayed in her room with Enid. But after a night of the two goofing around and having fun - which they couldn't really do when Wednesday was around due to the dark-haired girl's hatred for peppy songs - Enid and Hecate now were the only ones awake in their dorm. Wednesday was sleeping peacefully.

"Are you going to the dance with Xavier?" Enid questioned, and Hecate found herself frowning a little. Was she? Was it compulsory for couples to go to the dance together, or should she ask Xavier to go to the dance herself?

"Um...maybe." The girl responded and Enid scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Why maybe? Why not definitely?"

"I don't know..." Hecate trailed off before sighing and glancing at her blonde friend. "I don't know how relationships work. Is it automatic that we're going together or, like, does one of us have to ask?"

"I'd have assumed it was automatic, but it's always cuter when they still ask, isn't it?" Enid said with a slight smile before it turned into a frown. "Where were you last night?"

"I was with Xavier." Hecate admitted and the girl raised her brow. "Why?" 

"I needed you and you weren't there." Enid mumbled, but Hecate picked up on it. Immediately her blue eyes were swelled with guilt and she wasn't sure how to react much.

Was she meant to spring to her feet and wrap Enid in a hug, promising her to never leave the girl alone, to always be there for her and disregard everyone else?

Was she meant to just mutter her soft apologies for hanging out with her boyfriend instead?

"What happened?" Hecate softly asked, indeed she did sit next to Enid, gently rubbing the girl's back.

"It was amazing, to beging with." Enid said, a ghost of a smile on her face as she thought about the events of the day before. "Ajax asked me to hang out at the greenhouse...although i had to hint at him for it." Enid nervously chuckled, and Hecate simply smiled in encouragement, although her smile faded into a frown as she noticed Enid no longer looked happy. "But then he never showed."

"So the bitch stood you up?" Hecate bluntly asked and Enid frowned at her. 

"Yes. No. Maybe?" She questioned and Hecate sighed, shaking her head.

"Look, i'll go find him, give him a fucking ear full, and demand he apologise to you. Wednesday will wake soon...try not to disturb her too much." Hecate warned before patting Enid's shoulder and scooping her bag up. She had a certain Gorgon boy to find.

~~

Hecate practically searched high and low, throughout the whole Academy, for Ajax. She kept mumbling incoherent curses at each dead end of where she wouldn't find him before she went to the courtyard, sighing as she sat at the fountain with a frown on her face.