16

~~ please comment and vote ~~

It was the day of the Poe Cup. Hecate was dressed in her black, almost skin tight leather jumpsuit with black whiskers painted onto her face. She was really stepping into the role of a good friend by helping Enid out.

"Damn girl, you looking sexy as hell in black." Enid said with an appreciative whistle. Hecate, forgetting the slight hurt she still felt towards the blonde simply smiled and waved her off. 

Hecate glanced to her side and grinned at her sister who had walked out of a tent with the same costume on as she.

"You look purr-fect!" Enid said with a wide smile and Hecate couldn't help but let a wide smile appear on her face. She slightly skipped up to the two girls and wrapped one arm around their shoulders. "Only thing, where are your whiskers?"

"Ask again and you'll be down to eight lives." Wednesday said with an angered look in her eyes. She was willing to participate, but she didn't enjoy the costume she was stuck wearing.

"Let's get in the boats!" Hecate said before she walked forwards, swaying her hips with confidence.

~~

All the teams were in place, all in their boats respectively. Hecate was at the front with Enid behind her and Wednesday behind the werewolf girl. Behind Wednesday was a girl Hecate hadn't even said hello to before. Glancing to her left, Hecate's eyes connected with Bianca's before she sent the siren a sly grin.

She felt good today.

The golden haired girl then looked to her right and at the team besides her, where her blue eyes connected with Xavier's. With a grin on her face still, the girl winked at him before blowing the boy a teasing kiss. She watched the grin widen on his face and with a proud nod, Hecate focused on the green waters in front of her.

"What do we have here?" Bianca suddenly said, and Hecate's attention was now on her. Who was Bianca talking to? When Bianca looked at Hecate, she realised it was either her or Wednesday. "The runt of the litter."

"For the record, i don't believe i'm better than everyone else." Wednesday snapped, revealing - in a subtle way - that she had heard Bianca the night before. "Just that i'm better than you."

"Bianca?" Hecate called, a cold look in her sea blue eyes which seemed to be as impaling as ice. "Try not to let your crown fall....don't want a girl like me catching it and wearing it better, do you?" As she looked at Bianca's utterly confused but pissed off expression, Hecate could almost laugh with glee.

"I want to welcome you all to the Edgar Allan Poe Cup." Weems said through the microphone as all the students that were stood on land. "This is one of Nevermore's proudest annual traditions, dating back one-hundred and twenty-five years. Each team must row across to Raven Island, pull a flag from Crackstone's Crypt, and hustle back without sinking or being sunk. First team to cross the finish line with their flag wins the cup and bragging rights for a year, as well as some special privileges."