18

~~ please comment and vote ~~

"Wednesday, this is riddiculous, we shouldn't be out right now!" Hecate quietly hissed as she kept looking over her shoulder whilst also making sure to keep her footsteps light and soundless. 

"Oh, dear sister, have patience." Wednesday snapped a little as she shined the flashlight at the slightly oxidised statue of Edgar Allan Poe and the book he held in his hand. "Don't worry, Edgar Allan." She said to herself mainly as she shined the flashlight into the statue's face. "I see your sanctimonious smirk. But i will get the last laugh." The dark haired girl then took the light to the book in the Poet's hand, where a familiar symbol glistened under the bright light.

"What's that?" Hecate asked, shivering a litttle at the cold that enveloped her suddenly.

"It's Edgar Allan Poe." Wednesday blandly responded, figuring her sister was asking about the statue, however, she wasn't. "His penchant for riddles was legendary."

"I know who Poe is, Wednesday!"

"Then why ask?"

"I didn't. I meant the symbol on the book." Hecate facepalmed, feeling too tired for this little escapade of theirs.

"Hold the flashlight." Wednesday said to Hecate, who nodded and walked closer to her, grabbing the object from her sister's hand and shining it onto the open pages of the book-statue. "This might be his cleverest yet." Wednesday said in awe, admiring the work of the dead poet.

"Why?"

"Because it's not a single riddle." Wednesday said, opening her book up to get ready to decrypt a code. "Rather, each line is its own seperate one. Can you reath them out for me?" With a nod and a nervous look at her surroundings, Hecate sighed.

"The opposite of moon." She said and she saw Wednesday scribble a word down in the notepad. Once she got a hum from her sister, Hecate moved on to the next line. "A world between ours." Another word. "Two months before June....a self-seeding flower....one more than one....its leaves welp to the ground....it melts in the sun....it's beginning and end never found...every rule has one. The answer will give a sharp cracking sound." Looking up from the metal book, Hecate noticed a word or two. "Snap twice?" Upon hearing her sister's question, Wednesday outlined the first letter of each word and saw the same two words Hecate had spoken of.

As Wednesday began walking away from the statue, Hecate was quick to follow with a slight skip in her step before she halted, almost walking into her sister. Hecate watched as Wednesday raised her hand and with a slight smirk that almost unseeable, snapped her fingers twice.

The metal raven's wings folden down slightly before Poe's arm moved inwards - towards its chest - as it began to go backwards.

"Secret room? Spooky." Hecate mumbled, rolling on the balls of her feet as she frowned a little in anxiousness.