28

~~ please comment and vote ~~

Hecate found herself sitting besides her brother, Pugsley. She felt her lip quiver slightly as she didn't know how to comfort the boy that wasn't even in his teens.

"Hey, Bean." Hecate said softly to her brother as the two stared out at the still pond. The silence that ensued gripped at the siblings like clothes over their mouths, making them unable to speak any further as they both wondered the same thing.

How did it all go wrong?

Hecate believed her and Wednesday were closer than she guessed they were. She expected the girl to have shown her the file of which showed their father being the prime and only suspect in a murder that took place three decades ago. Hecate was left to wonder how in the hell Wednesday had managed to get her hands onto the file in the first place.

"Go away." The youngest Addams suddenly said and Hecate looked over her shoulder, eyeing up Wednesday who had something clutched in her hands. She had stopped a little bit back on the dock, but the golden haired girl rolled her eyes and turned around once more, facing the water that had some autumn leaves in them. She also clutched onto her younger brother's hand, giving it a small squeeze to try and give him some comfort.

"Your forgot your fishing gear." Wednesday said, sitting down besides Hecate whilst the placed the rod that was in her hand down on the wooden planking of the deck.

She then took her bag off and handed it to Hecate, silently asking the girl to hold it whilst she sat down. With a scoff, Hecate did begrudgingly hold onto the black leather bag which seemed heavier than normal, whilst Wednesday sat down beside her.

"Stop trying to be nice." Pugsley softly snapped at Wednesday, knowing Hecate probably wouldn't speak to the girl for a bit. "It doesn't suit you."

"Father packed your favourite bait." Wednesday said to the younger boy, who twitched his ear in interest before glancing at the black bag that was in Hecate's grip. He took the bag from her grasp and opened it up, shoving his hand in before pulling out a hand grenade.

"Oh, shit. Seriously? To an academy?" Hecate mumbled, watching the scene unfold.

"What'll happen to him now?"

"Well, he's confessed, so there won't be a trial." Wednesday informed the boy, and her sister considering Hecate was there and listening. "After he's sentenced, he'll be sent to a state penitentiary-" Hecate wanted to strangle Wednesday at this moment. It felt too coincidental that the day Wednesday almost caused a riot in the family by showing the file, their father gets arrested. "-where he'll lose his mind being separated from Mother." She then glanced at her two younger siblings. "Did you know they haven't spent a night apart since they tied the knot?"

"I always thought i'd be the first one in the family behind bars." Pugsley admitted and Hecate wanted to laugh.

"Lurch and i had a bet going." Both Hecate and Pugsley stared at Wednesday in silence but also confusion. She then glanced at them and disregarding their looked, jutted her head towards the pond. "Come on. Let's see if the fish are biting."