32

~~ please comment and vote ~~

Hecate and Enid stood cautiously behind Wednesday, who was sat at her desk whilst drawing something. Thing had found his way onto the dark-haired girl's shoulder and tapped it a couple times, but Wednesday responded without sending the poor apendage a glance.

"Careful," she paused whilst she focused on the drawing she was making. "That's my cold shoulder."

"Wednesday, don't blame Thing." Hecate said in a soothing voice, about to own up to the fact the party was her idea. "The party was-"

"-was my idea." Enid quickly said, which earned her a confused look from Hecate. It wasn't Enid's idea at all, it was Hecate's. Hecate had planned for them all to meet at Crackstone's crypt, she had baked the cake with Xavier, hell, the girl even made Thing's tiny little birthday hat! So why was Enid saying it was her idea? "I believe everyone deserves to be celebrated on their birthday." With Wednesday's back to them still, Enid took the time to quickly send a stern look to her friend to tell her to go along with what the blonde werewolf was saying.

"It was a good idea though." Hecate shrugged, going along with the pretend-play of the idea being Enid's.

"I prefer to be vilified." Wednesday responded in a monotoned voice. Hecate winced a little. She knew this, and yet, she still threw the party.

"What happened?" Enid then asked with concern lacing her features as she looked at the two sisters. "It looked like you were both having a seizure."

"I wasn't that lucky." Wednesday mumbled, but Hecate refused to speak. She told Xavier about the visions that happened to her, and she'd tell her mother and Wednesday, but she would never say a word to anyone else. Why? She didn't know. Perhaps she was afraid of doing so, in fear the person she told would leave her alone because in a school full of outcasts, sometimes it felt like she and Wednesday were the outcasts of the outcasts.

Like Rowan had once told Wednesday.

"Can i at least get some kudos for pulling one over on you?" Enid further asked and Hecate snapped her gaze to the blonde beside her, completely in shock. Enid hadn't planned that party!

"The subterfuge was impressive." Wednesday replied, an annoyed tone in her voice. She looked over her shoulder and straight at Hecate, sending the girl a subtle wink which left Hecate with more questions.

Thudding resonated throughout the room, grabbing everyone's attention to Wednesday's bed.  Thing was dragging a drawer out from underneath the frame of the bed, and everyone watched. Once Thing began walking away, Wednesday let the pencil she had in her hand roll a little on the desk as she stood, her black skirt of the uniform swaying by her feet as she did so. The girl knelt and maneuvered the box so that it was facing the proper way before picking up the note that was on it, dismissing the keen smiles from both girl's that were still standing.