33

~~ please comment and vote  ~~

"Right." Hecate scoffed as she and Wednesday came to a stop outside of a gate. It's black metal that swerved and swirled in different directions to give it a unique look and the two stone pillars that were identical and stood in the ground on either side of the gates stared the sisters down. "We've found it, so let's go-"

"No." Wednesday said as she held a piece of paper in the air, the paper that she had drawn onto to remember what the gate looked like.

"No?"

"Do you want to know about the monster? The mystery surrounding Jericho?" Wednesday asked in a dull tone as she turned to face Hecate, who didn't look too impressed.

"I shouldn't even be here, right now, Wednesday."

"Tey-Tey-"

"No, don't use my nickname on me, dear sister." Hecate snapped, squinting her eyes a little and glaring at the dark haired girl in front of her. "You were out of bounds when speaking of Xavier when we were on the garden lawns-"

"You forgave me."

"Perhaps, but i will never forget." Hecate's voice was low and she stared at Wednesday with disbelief. "You had no right to even speak on behalf of his feelings."

"I have...upset you?" Wednesday said in a questioning tone as her eyes squinted at the furious blonde in front of her. Hecate could do nothingbut laugh in disbelief.

"You have done more than just upset me." She whispered, before scoffing and walking towards the gates. Wednesday followed, acting like everything was normal. Wasn't Hecate meant to feel such emotions like anger? Why was it a bad thing?

Hecate raised her hand and poked the unlocked rusty padlock that was keeping the chains around the two gates together.

"Huh." She mumbled, a gut feeling of dread sinking into her stomach. Something wasn't right. Wednesday took no mind as she opened the gate and sauntered in, leaving Hecate to follow her.

The two sisters ended up at an archway, where they climbed up the steps and stared down a wooden foor with intricate metal detailings on the glass windows of it.

Wednesday clasped onto the handle of the door, about to open it, but she saw a blur of movement on the other side. She widened her eyes a little and stared, trying to figure out whether it was just her eyes playing tricks on her, however it wasn't her eyes.

When the blur of movement became apparent again, Wednesday turned and forced Hecate to do the same, moving with haste as to not get caught. The twins were ducked in a bush, outside of the gates once more.

"I need a distraction." Wednesday told Thing, of whom had purched his little apendage fingers on top of her shoulder.

"Sheriff, pick up your damn phone, it's Noble." The mayor said as he walked straight passed the girls, well, the bush they were ducked behind, not paying attention to them. "Listen, i might have figured out who's behind all of this." The sound of a pebble suddenly rang through Hecate's ears, and she saw the mayor looking the opposite way to where the girls were. "It's a long shot. I'm gona have to lay it out for you." Wednesday tapped Hecate's shoulder - who rolled her eyes - and the two were quick to slip behind the mayor and his car. Wednesday opened the boot of the vehicle and climbed in, quickly urging Hecate to do the same. With a begrudging look, she climbed in also and let her sister close the boot.