22

~~ please comment and vote ~~

Hecate rubbed her arm nervously, her uniform now dry after the couple of hours they - herself, Xavier and Wednesday - had spent waiting for this moment to arrive. The reveal of the new Joseph Crackstone statue. 

As the sun illuminated the sky, banishing the clouds and allowing the blue sky to smile upon those on the ground, the two Addams sister's waited patiently. Wednesday had her cello case in hand, and Hecate had her flute. 

"What's the plan?" Hecate whispered slightly as she assembled her flute, getting ready to play with Wednesday and the local high-school's marching band. 

"Let Thing do his...thing." Wednesday answered as she set up her cello and sheet-music stand. Hecate felt nervous, in all honesty. People she didn't know were going to hold their prying eyes onto herself and her sister whilst they played a song for them. 

"Thank you." Mayor Walker, a dark skinned man with seemingly kind smile which only turned fake and slightly sour as he looked upon the Nevermore students, welcomed as he stood by the microphone. "It is my honour to celebrate our town's history and Jericho's noble forefather, Joseph Crackstone." 

"Remind me, how noble is it to set blaze to outcasts?" Hecate whispered to Wednesday, who hummed in response, agreeing with her sister. There wasn't a lot the two disagreed on, for that matter. 

"Now, he believed that with a happy heart and an open ear," Hecate pulled a slight grimace on her face, herself and Wednesday already knowing the truth as to what Joseph Crackstone believed in, "there was nothing our town couldn't achieve." 

"You can't achieve much without Nevermore's help in financial issues." Hecate mumbled to herself, to which Wednesday wanted to softly laugh at, but she knew she shouldn't. 

"So, together as one, our community and our friends at Nevermore Academy, we've built a monument to celebrate his memory." Hecate let her eyes scan the crowd, where she immediately saw some of Jericho's Vermont town civilians scowl and sigh  at the mention of the Academy.  "Now, may the spirit of Joseph Crackstone be memorialized for eternity." The marching band began to play a more up-beat version of Fleetwood Mac's song, Don't Stop. 

Hecate and Wednesday joined in, a slight glare on their face as they stared at Principle Weems. 

Just as they began playing, Mayor Walker beamed and placed a hand gently on Weems' back, gaining her attention as the news reporters were ready to take pictures for some newspapers and TV reports. 

Whilst pictures were being taken, Mayor Walker slammed his hand down on a button, allowing water to pour out from the fountain. As people clapped, Hecate took notice of a spark of fire heading towards them. She continued to play, however, she frowned as she watched the fire in the corner of her eyes. 

An explosion roared from the fountain as slight bits of debris began to fly around as smoke swirled in the air. With confidence in Wednesday, Hecate continued to play her flute, ignoring the smoke that slowly began to be inhaled through her body.