19

~~ please comment and vote ~~

"Oof-" Hecate grunted as she suddenly stumbled backwards after colliding with a back. Today was outreach day and they had to grab leaflets to tell them where they were going in the town of Jericho for the day.

"Sorry." A boy who sounded familiar to Hecate apologised as he turned and extended his hand to her, going to help her to her feet again.

"It's alright." She huffed, standing on her own before she properly got a look at who she had bumped into. "Oh, Ajax." She said with a small friendly smile, trying to be polite. She didn't have much against the Gorgon boy, however, her first proper interaction with him wasn't necessarily a good one.

"Oh, hi, Hecate." He greeted back, rubbing the back of his neck as he wondered what to do next.

"Bye, Ajax." Having enough of the awkwardness that surrounded the pair, Hecate weaved herself in and out of the crowd, trying to find her sister or Xavier as quick as possible. "Wed-" Just as the golden blonde was about to reach out and touch her sister's shoulder, a clap resonated throughout the air.

"All students will report for their volunteer jobs at ten a.m sharp, followed by a community lunch at one." The platinum blonde then grinned at all the students, her rosy plump lips giving off a sketchy vibe in some way. "As you know, this year Outreach Day culminates in a very special event...the dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square, which will also include performanced by Nevermore students."

"Hey." Xavier whispered, slowly and gently wrapping his arm around Hecate's waist, knowing she'd jump out of her skin at the unexpectedness of his greeting. Like he determined, the girl did jump in her skin but when she turned to him, her smile seemed to glow as bright as the sun. 

"Hello, Xavi." She leaned into his embrace slightly, her head resting against his arm as she intently listened to Weems speak.

"As representatives of our school, i trust you will all put your best face forward."

"Hello again, Hecate." Ajax suddenly said and Hecate slowly lifted her head before tilting it to the side to see around Xavier. Her eye-sight came into contact with the Gorgon once more, where she slightly huffed.

"Hello again, Ajax." She responded, ignoring the jealous look Xavier had going on his face at that moment.

"So...are you guys like a thing or what?" The beanie wearing boy questioned as he looked at the two who stood rather close to one another.

"Yeah, so what?" Xavier sharply questioned, looking Ajax up and down slightly. When Hecate giggled, he looked at her with a quirked brow.

"You know, he has a thing for Enid."

"Wha-how-"

"Just trust me. I can see it in your eyes, Aj." Just then the Coach approached them with leaflets in hand. Hecate politely said 'thank you' as she took one from the pile, grimacing a little as she feared where she'd have to go.