chapter thirteen

Adare ‧₊˚.*

Today's Thursday again, me and Wes are meeting to work on our paper.

I'm running a little late and throw up a pair of loose jeans, a black t-shirt, a cardigan, and some long sock with my favorite ugg slippers.

They are super comfortable and so easy to just throw on, and since I'm running late, they're the best option.

I walk over to the library and once I spot Wes I can tell that smug son of a bitch is pleased with himself that he was on time and I wasn't.

I'm not even that late, literally like 15 minutes.

I roll my eyes at him and make my way over to the table.

"Say something about my shoes and we're gonna fist fight," I say while tossing my bag to the ground and sitting.

"Appealing."

I exhale and pull out my laptop and we talk about what we need to start today.

As we're figuring out who is doing what, we hear the librarian make an announcement.

"Don't forget- the library closes today in thirty minutes, we have a workshop to set up for."

I give a confused look to Wes who returns it.

"I didn't know they were closing early today," I say, slightly bummed because this is my favorite library and we really need to work on this.

He kinda exhales too, thinking of where else we could go.

"Well let's go to Sterling Library," he says while starting to stand.

"Sterling Library is literally like a forty five minute walk past the railroads. We need to start this."

"Then we'll take the bus."

I just scrunch my brows in response. "Why don't we just go to your dorm?"

"My roommate has like five other hockey players at my dorm right now," and I wrack my brain for where else to go. "Oh maybe.." But he cuts me off, reading my mind.

"And your dorm is even farther than Sterling so shut your mouth and let's go catch the bus."

I roll my eyes and admit defeat while grabbing my things.

I hate taking the bus.

Since this campus is huge, I literally have to take the campus to get to my class and I live on campus.

These busses are always so packed with people.

When we get to the bus stop, there's not too many people waiting at the stop, so maybe it won't be too packed this evening.

Fall is in full swing and there's colored leaves on the ground.

There's a slight breeze thats a little chilly, and Wes puts his hands in his hoodie pocket.

When we see the bus drive up, we start to stand when we're suddenly shown the amount of people currently in that bus.

Maybe some people will be getting out.

When the bus comes to a stop and opens the doors, only like five people step off the bus.

Meaning that the rest of them are still needed on there.

My eyes slightly widen as I stare at the bus.
Wes is about to start walking onto the bus when he sees me.

I give an unsure face. "Maybe we should just walk," I say slightly pointing in the opposite direction and taking slow step in the that direction.