chapter thirty-two

Adare ‧₊˚.*

I have not a fucking clue on what's going on out there.

I'm watching the game and the only thing I know is that Wes is #4.

I decided to invite Ameeriah to come to the game with me because I didn't want to go alone.

Even though I have no idea what is actually going on, I never realized how intense hockey was. They are speeding past each other, ice shreds flying into the air. I didn't know they went this fast and I also definitely didn't know how aggressive this sport was.

Watching Wes is mind-blowing. I can't say for sure if he's good, because I have no clue what he's doing or what "good is" but I do know that he hasn't been taken out almost the entire game and is by far one of the fastest ones.

"Holy hell," I hear Ameeriah say.
"I know right."
"You've never watched him before? And you went to high school with him?"

I shake my head.
"This is the first hockey game I've ever been to."

Ameeriah smiles slightly and then in a lower voice says, "probably would have been dating him a lot sooner if you saw him play." And I just roll my eyes and laugh.

During a timeout, he takes off his helmet to drink some water and the sweat coming off of him is insane. He is so fucking attractive it's not fair.

I'm obviously gaping a little too hard, forgetting that it's just a glass screen and he smirks while looking at me as he drinks his water. I think I melt.

Once the game is over, we win 5-1 and I get up to leave. I grab my tote bag and start to head out the door.

I feel a text from my back pocket and look to see it's Wes.

Wes I'll be out in like 5 wait on me

When me and Ameeriah get outside, my face hits the outside, the ice cold wind takes the breath out of me and me and Ameeriah both out our hands in our pockets.

It's only fall still but since it's nighttime, it feels like the start of winter. I just wore some baggie jeans with my Uggs and a big fluffy cream sweater.

A bit later I see a group of guys walking out in sweatpants and Jackson and Wes are in the front.

The guys beside them say bye as they continue walking forward and then it's just Jackson and Wes walking to us.

I smile as I see Wes but it's so dark I don't think you can see much.
"Hey," I smile as he comes up and wraps me in a hug.

When we separate, he turns to Ameeriah.
"I'm Wes by the way."

"I know," she smirks and looks at me and all I can do is smile softly and feel my cheeks start to heat up.
"I'm Ameeriah," she says back softly.

Suddenly Jackson is stepping forward.
"And I'm Jackson, nice to meet you." Jackson says so quickly. He looks flustered.

I laugh a little because Jackson literally has googley eyes.

"Nice to meet you," Ameeriah smiles. 

Wes clears his throat trying to hide his laugh because Jackson is so not being discreet about fawning over Ameeriah. I think it's cute. 

"Anyways," Wes turns to me, "You wanna go to my dorm?"
"I think we're gonna go eat but I can meet you later."

"Eat? Eat? I love to eat let's go," Jackson says quickly and I laugh.

Wes taps his shoulder, "we're not going man, you need to shower."
"Screw off Wes so do you."

Me and Ameeriah laugh softly before we say our goodbyes.

After we eat and Ameeriah goes back to her dorm, Wes texts me.

Wes Jackson really wants to watch a movie but if you don't want him to be there then we can go to your dorm
Wes But I really don't wanna listen to Jackson cry

I just let out a small laugh as I'm reading the.

When I get over to their dorm door, I knock. And then knock again. And then knock again.

I heat Wes telling me to come in, but I still don't open the door. Not after last time.

I hear Wes open the door and I have my hand over my eyes. "Is it clear?"

"You fucking brat," I hear Jackson mutter from the other side of the room.

"Watch your fucking mouth," Wes says motioning back over to Jackson.

When I move my hand I'm met with Wes' face that has a smile plastered across it.

"So what are we watching?" I say as I walk in, take off my shoes and hop into Wes' bed.

"I don't know," Wes mumbles as he climbs next to me. "Iron magnolias or something like that."

"Steel Magnolias," Jackson says back annoyingly while rolling his eyes.

I let out a laugh, "Steel Magnolias?" I question. "Is that a joke?"

"What do you mean 'is it a joke?' No that's what we're watching," Jackson says like its the most normal thing in the world, and quite offended that I asked.

I look over at him confused. "That's an 80's movie about six southern old women in a small town. I mean I love that movie, but why do you want to watch it?"

"You don't think I can enjoy a movie about six old women in a small southern town?" Jackson says back.

I just exhale. "Jackson you do whatever your little heart desires."

Wes leans back and takes my hand and fumbles his hand with mine, just looking down at them.

Jackson sits up in his bed. "I think we should all cuddle," Jackson says and Wes laughs while Jackson looks so serious. "It's movie night."

Wes raises his brows and laughs. "Fuck. You." And Jackson rolls his eyes and lays back on the bed.

"I think you need to hide that big ole smile you had in front of Ameeriah," I laugh slightly.

"Yeah dude you were so not chill," Wes laughs lightly.

"No I was so chill, I was so chill. Fuck both of you."

Jackson turns on the movie and we've now been transported into a small southern town with comfort colors. I love this movie so much.

As we watch the movie, Wes is laid back with his right arm under his head and his left arm slightly on my right leg.

He's fumbling his thumb and pointer finger together and is very concentrated on the movie.

We are at that part of Steel Magnolias and at the end of the funeral scene, I hear a slight sniffle and I give a very small confused smile and sit up.

I've watched it so many times that I don't cry anymore, but clearly that's not the case for someone else in this room.

"Jackson are you crying?"
Another sniffle, "no! What are you talking about Adare?" He says as he wipes his eyes.

Wes sits up slightly with an amused smile and I let out a laugh. "Oh my gosh Jackson you're crying!"

Wes sits up further with an enthusiastic smile, clearly enjoying this. "Shut up Adare," Jackson says as he wipes more of his tears.

"Don't tell her to shut up," Wes says blankly before letting out another laugh out of his nose.

"Big bad hockey player crying over an 80's movie. I'll never get over that," I laugh out.

"Fuck both of you," Jackson bites out while throwing himself back onto his pillow and unpausing the movie.

Me and Wes lay back down as we laugh for a couple more seconds. Priceless.

༉‧₊˚✧.*
thanks for reading!