chapter 26

Ayan's pov

I was having a peaceful dream but it was interrupted when I felt a light tap on my cheeks.

"Ayan wake up" I heard, I groan while turning to the other side of my bed.

"Ayan wake up we need to pray fajr" I opened my eyes slowly just to see zayn's face.

Thats weird it's always me that has to wake him up. I stood up and went to the bathroom and performed wudu still half asleep. When I went back to my room zayn was still there sitting on the bed. The heck is he doing here.

"Go get your hijab, we're praying together" he said

I looked at him confused what is he on about? I just shrugged it and went to my closet and got my hijab and two prayer mats. I went out of the closet and I gave him one prayer mat unbothered. Honestly I'm to tired to figure out what zayn is planning. We started praying and when we finished, we did our athkar. I finished my athkar and when I was about to go back to sleep zayn spoke

"Do you want to stay in my room?" I looked at him shocked there is something really wrong with him.

"Nah it's ok" I said not looking at him.

"No, you are staying in my room. What is mine is also yours and so is my room".

I nodded and went to his room. I lie down on the other side of the bed and he did the same and I went back to sleep.

***

I woke up and saw zayn beside me, How did I get here? then I remembered what happened earlier.

I stood up and went downstairs to the kitchen I fried egg and made coffee, while I was drinking the coffee zayn entered the dinning while smiling?. Something must've happened maybe at work or something because since the we got married this guy has been in his depressed era.

He sat down beside me and started eating his breakfast. He tried to make up a conversation but I always end up replying with a short answer or I just hum or nod. He finally gave up on trying to speak to me and just continued eating. I am kind of happy that he is trying to talk to me normally after blaming me about my sister's death but whatever I'm over that.

Zayn's pov

Ayan is literally making this harder of me, i kept trying to talk to her but obviously she wasn't interested in talking to so I just stopped trying, I even made her sleep in the same room as me. She is currently in the living room and I went there too and sat next to her. She was watching barbie. She still watches these kids shows wow what a grown up. I pulled out my phone and started playing games then asim called me. I Stood up and went to my room then answered the call.

"Ķai this your plan is not working" I said

"Ha ah is it not today you started have some patience"  I sighed and hummed.

"So what did you do to her today?"

"Today I woke her up for fajr, that's normal and I made her stay with me in my bedroom then when we were eating breakfast I tried talking to her but she doesn't seem interested so I just stopped"

"Kai ma ba ka yi ampani da hankalin ka ba" he said. rude "you're supposed to disturb her and stuff and before you know it she'll finally accept you... I think" I just sighed and ended the call not wanting to put up with him.

I went back to ayan and continued watching barbie with her.