CHAPTER IV: Scraps & Shadows

Nikolais noticed that Graves was falling behind. He looked like he was in his own world, which really made him curious on what the hell he was imagining. From the looks of it, he seemed... happy. Maybe a tribute of some sort? He just guessed and assumed, but tried to hurry him up anyway due to the sheer time they are wasting. According to Nikolais' experience and thoughts, these scavenging missions weren't that easy because the spots with the scraps they need usually contains enemies or rebels that decide to give them a hard time.

But not that one time with the unconscious body of Graves. He only saw a man that had been through hell. He admits that Graves looked like shit back there when he first saw him. Smelt of gunpowder, smoke and roast. It was horrible.

"Graves... hurry up." He edged himself to not shout towards Graves. He heard, but didn't listen whatsoever and was still walking so fucking slow.

A few seconds of waiting on him, Nikolais finally shouted, "GRAVES!"

That caused the shorter man to immediately get out of his trance as he jumps out of pure shock. He gave Nikolais an upset look as he proceeded to roll his eyes, walking towards him in a fast pace. The Russian just tried holding back his laughter, but really... Graves didn't jump out of shock, yet it was of trauma.

They reach the armory as the metal doors simply slide open; Graves was dumbfounded. Way more advanced than any other military force considering that these were smart people overall. He thought that maybe, just maybe... they had tech guns. Immediately walking in, nope! No fucking tech guns, he was disappointed.

"Here's our armory. Feel free to look around and take note of what you'd want. It's gon' be a long day for me and you."

"Sure."

As Nikolais takes an exhale, he also tries to find the best weapon suitable for this job as he walks towards the complicated area of where most guns are displayed. Graves on the other hand - just tried finding the best vest, since he didn't care about guns that much because his favorite guns were Rifles. Burst Rifles. He loved the consecutive bullets that can pierce through a single enemy, he really did.

He finds a suitable vest for him to wear on top of his torso, and also proceeding to grab a rifle from display and just went with that selection. Finally, he grabs a pistol for backup as he doesn't know what can happen in such a time where he would finally go on missions again.

"You done?" Nikolais calls from the other side. He seemed prepared and ready to go out.

"Affirmative."

"Alright. That's good." He wasn't still that satisfied yet, because they still have to get one last item. "By the way, come get the transmitters here. They put them in such an awkward spot, so forgive me that you have to walk... all the way here from where I am."

"It's no problem, I'll come over there in a sec."

Graves didn't go get a transmitter yet, or rather... a walkie-talkie. Do these Russians have to make everything so complicated to define?

He was still trying to look around for an earpiece, so he can properly hear the voices of who is talking to him through the walkie-talkies. He believes that making so much noise without an earpiece will just make everything difficult.