Merry Christmas

I woke up Christmas morning in my room at my house. Steve had brought me home after our night together. I hated leaving him but I knew he was going to his moms so he could wake up there with her.

We would all be getting together that night at Sarah's house so we could have dinner together. Once I got up from bed, I put on my robe over my pajamas...well the t-shirt and sweats from Steve's house I wore home. I walked into the hallway and ran into my brother leaving his room.

"Are mom and dad up yet?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No mom had a rough night last night. It was right before you got home, she got the chills really bad. She was fine once we covered her up and all, but she was like super chilled." Oliver said and I sighed.

"Right so she will be in pain today." I said and Oliver nodded.

"Let's go start breakfast and have it done for them." I said and Oliver smiled with a nod.

"Sounds like a plan." Oliver said and we headed downstairs. Once we got in the kitchen, I took my robe off to cook and he took in my appearance. He didn't see it when I came home.

"Steve's clothes, you run out of your own?" Oliver asked and we laughed.

"No, I was just in this at his house last night and I was too comfy to get back in my normal clothes, so I came home in this." I said and he smiled.

"You and Steve really are making this work, aren't you?" Oliver asked and I nodded.

"I love him, Oliver. We want a future; we want a family." I said and Oliver looked at me shocked.

"Like kids, house, dog...all of it?" Oliver asked.

"Well, a dog was never mentioned but yes all of it." I said and he laughed.

"I think you two deserve it. I mean being apart as long as you were and then coming back together...it was kismet." Oliver said and I nodded as I started cracking some eggs.

"Yeah, not at first though." I said and he smiled with a nod.

"So, I have been meaning to talk to you about something." Oliver said and I looked at him oddly.

"Yeah?" I asked turning to look at him.

"You now Nat's sister?" Oliver asked and I smiled.

"Yelena?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, she and I have been hanging out a little bit. She has been coming into the bar sometimes." Oliver said and I smiled.

"I'm happy for you Oliver. I mean Yelena is a nice girl just treat her right or Nat will kill you." I said and he laughed.

"Yeah, I know, trust me Yelena would kill me first." Oliver said and we laughed as we went back to cooking. After about 20 minutes we finished everything as were setting it on the table as my parents came downstairs and saw us.

"Merry Christmas!" My mom said and she looked so full of joy, it was hard to believe she was sick.

"Merry Christmas mom! Merry Christmas dad!" I said and rushed over to them to hug them and kiss their cheeks.

"Merry Christmas Charlie." My mom said and placed a hand on my cheek.

"What?" I asked and she smiled.

"I'm happy to finally have you home for Christmas and not on facetime." She said and I smiled.

"I'm not going anywhere." I said and she smiled. We all went to sit down and eat breakfast. I watched my mom put food on her plate and I smiled seeing her load up. Her appetite seemed back, and it was these little things I treasured most of all.

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

That night we arrived at Sarah's house and I walked in first carrying some dishes. Steve came rushing over and helped me.

"This all of it?" Steve asked as we took it all to the kitchen.

"You think I was making more than one trip? That snow is coming down fast." I said and he groaned.

"Meaning I may get called out tonight to plow." Steve said and I sighed.

"It's okay. I mean I got you last night. Tonight, would have been too much." I said and Steve shook his head, caged me against the counter and passionately kissed me. Once we broke apart, I smiled at Steve.

"You want to help me get everything out and ready to put on the table?" I asked and Steve nodded as we started dishing out everything to the serving dishes and taken them to the table.

"Look at them setting the table." Sarah said seeing us from the living room. We smiled at her and as I put down some dishes I walked in and hugged Sarah.

"Merry Christmas." I said and she smiled. Once we broke apart, she looked at me.

"Good to have you back with us in this house on Christmas." She said and I smiled Steve came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"It's good having her back home period." Steve said ad I laughed.

"You didn't say that a while ago." I said and he groaned.

"Yeah, yeah, blame me for some indiscretions." Steve said and we laughed. We all walked into the dining room and started sitting down. Steve placed his hand on my thigh under the table taking my hand. I looked at him and he smiled. He gently squeezed my hand and I smiled. Steve reached and clinked his fork on his glass causing everyone to stop talking and look at Steve.

"I want to make a toast. I want to toast to all of us. Never thought we would all be back here. Having Christmas together. The families happy...I'm happy. Happiest I have been in years." Steve said and looked at me. He grabbed my hand and had my stand up with him. "I plan on taking this happiness into the future with me and carrying it with me the rest of my life, especially with this woman by my side." Steve said and I smiled as he grabbed my left hand. He pulled the ring box from his pocket and took the ring out. Sarah and Myra gasped.

"Steve asked me to marry him last night and I said yes! Steve and I are getting married!" I said and everyone sat in shock and then freaked out. I hugged my brother and then my dad. I got to my mom last, and she was crying.

"Mom! What's wrong?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Happy tears. You are finally getting everything you ever wanted." She said and I smiled as I kissed her cheek. Steve came walking over and hugged my mom, kissing her cheek as well.

"Treat her perfect Steve, she will be difficult and probably challenge you..." Myra was saying.

"Hey!" I said and we laughed.

"But she is worth it." Myra continued and I smiled as Steve placed an arm around my waist.

"She really is." Steve said. I looked at him and he gave me a small kiss.

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

Later that night I was sleeping in Steve's bed when I felt it dip beside me and I rolled over.

"Hey, you just getting back?" I asked and he grunted as he pulled me close to him. I noticed it had been 3 hours since he left.

"No, you're cold!" I said and he laughed. He had been out with Bucky plowing snow.

"Yeah, sorry it took so long." Steve said and I shook my head.

"I'm just happy to have you back." I said and he smiled. He grabbed my left hand, kissed where my engagement ring was.

"You regretting this?" Steve asked and I shook my head.

"Nope. You got me Rogers, I'm yours forever never going anywhere." I said and he smiled.

"That what I like to hear." Steve said as we cuddled closer, and we both drifted back to sleep.