➸ CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

NOW PLAYING ...
IFHY • Tyler, The Creator

! AUTHORS NOTE !
70K READS?! ALMOST A QUARTER AWAY FROM 100K?! IF MY MATH IS RIGHT?! IDK ITS NOT MY STRONG SUIT?! BUT STILL THANK YOU?! LOVE YOU ALL?!?!

꧁♚————————{♛}————————♚꧂

"Y/N? Are you even listening?" By the snap of Enid's fingers, you refocused into the conversation. "Sorry, I zoned out again." You sat a table outside in the courtyard with Enid and Wednesday, eating school lunches and chatting about what normal kids should be chatting about.

"This is a very serious matter," Enid reminded you, "Ajax has been acting really weird towards me, and I've got to figure out why!" You pinched the bridge of your nose, "Do you really think me or Wednesday should be the ones you go to about boy troubles? Out of all the people?" Enid groaned in annoyance by your lack of enthusiasm, "Of course! Wednesday is like, my best friend, and you're dating Tyler!"

"What?" You tilt your head, "No, I'm not dating that guy. Who told you that?"

Enid's eyes went wide, looking at Wednesday then back at you. "Sorry, no one did, I just assumed." That's what made Wednesday join into the conversation, "You've been acting weirder than usual lately, spill it."

You shook your head, "No, I'm fine, really."

Wednesday and Enid's faces were exact replicas, an expression that had 'Do You Really Think We Believe That' written all over it.

"Okay, alright," You gave in. "Lately has just been weird, and I've literally been doing monster hunts, yet this makes me feel uneasy." Enid was now a bit worried for you, "What happened, Y/N? You know we can find a way to help you, always. Right, Wednesday?"

Wednesday didn't react in the slightest, "If I'm granted some type of benefit, then sure."

"Well," You ignored the girl and continued, "I had this talk with Mrs. Thornhill two days ago. She saw me hanging out with Tyler one day, and then kept asking me about our rela—"

"Aha!" Enid bounced up in her seat and pointed at you. "You were about to say relationship, so I was right!"

You rolled your eyes, "No, I wasn't, I was going to say she kept asking about our relations with one another. Like, how we knew each other?"

"Oh," Enid slowly sat back down in embarrassment, "Continue."

You got back on topic, "Mrs. Thornhill was really interested in what was going on between us, and she didn't sound as sweet as she normal does."

"Like her mask slipped." Wednesday thought out loud. Surprisingly, you nodded in agreement. "Yeah, exactly."

"Anyways," You finished up, "Ever since our talk, I have not heard a word from Tyler. He won't answer my calls and wasn't even at work yesterday. Like, he was wiped off the map or something." This intrigued Wednesday, as her investigation skills kicked in instinctively. This wasn't some random teenage drama, this was actually really weird, especially with Tyler and Mrs. Thornhill being on her suspect at least once during the monster investigation. But, then again, every person she's met has made a guest appearance on that very list.

"Hmm," Enid stroked her chin, "That is very weird indeed, must be a coincidence though!" You totally disagreed with her, as you just had a gut feeling that the two were connected somehow. So, you turned to Wednesday for advice. "What do you think about this?"

Wednesday didn't answer immediately, her eyes shifting from you to Enid before responding with, "I agree with Enid, must be a coincidence." You were taken aback by Wednesday's final thought on the matter, almost certain that she had came up with at least ten different possible theories. But, at the end, you were left with nothing.

"Was that all you needed from us?" Wednesday's rushed request for assurance caught you off guard. Though, you complied, "Yeah, but—"

"Great. Unfortunately, me and Enid have to run for a bit." Wednesday stood up abruptly and grabbed Enid's wrist, dragging her into the academy building. "Bye Y/N!" Enid yelled out, "See you tomorrow! Keep us updated!"

You waved the girl goodbye, watching the two hurry out of your field of vision. Yeah no way am I updating them about this anymore, you concluded your last thought to yourself, guess I'll have to deal with this case all on my own.

꧁♚————————{♛}————————♚꧂

THANK YOU FOR READING!