Twelve

Gabriella De Luca came from a wealthy well-known family in Italy. Not only was she the heiress of a multi billionaire but she also had royal blood. Her grandfather was the prince of Greece and got married to an Italian woman. Ace left her for me to marry her to save his dads company. I'll never forget the day their engagement was announced and was all over the news.

Lady Gabriella is set to wed multi billionaire, Ace Donato, in two months. The couple has just announced their engagement.

"You two make an amazing couple, by the way. Can you show the camera your ring, Lady Gabriella?"

I stood in the living room, rubbing my small bump, looking at them sitting happily next to each other. Ace's arm was wrapped around her shoulders while she rested her hand on his leg. The way they looked into each others eyes could have fooled anyone and made them think they were in love.

"Shayla, honey, I told you not to watch the news." My mom, Viviene Simmons, scolded me.

Her eyes softened when she saw tears rolling down my cheeks.

"How could he do this to me?" I sobbed and she embraced me in a warm hug.

"It's okay, sweetie. He'll pay for what he's done." She said, patting my back.

Now, I'm looking at the same woman who almost married Ace. Seeing her brought back all the pain and sadness I experienced because of her. She was a beautiful woman and she knew it. The way she carried herself and her looks could make anyone intimidated.

"I can't believe I'm seeing you again." Her lips parted in a smile, revealing her pearly whites.

Ace stood up from his chair and she latched herself onto him, making me feel enraged. He hugged her back and she even had the audacity to kiss him on his cheek. He quickly pulled away, giving me a look of concern.

"Gabriella, this is - uh the mother of my child Shayla. Shayla, this is Gabriella, a childhood friend of mine. " Ace introduced us.

Mother of his child!

Truth be told, I was the mother of his child and nothing more. I wasnt his girlfriend so I had no right to be mad.

She gave me a smile that didn't reach her eyes. "Nice to meet you."

She shifted her attention back to Ace before I could even reply. I decided to keep my cool and not let her rudeness get to me. It was pretty clear that she didn't like me and the feeling was mutual.

"My father is here and I'm sure he would like to see you. Why don't you come over and say hi?" She suggested.

He looked like he was contemplating whether he should go or not.

"Come on, you know he's a good friend of your dad's and it will be rude not to say anything." She nudged him in the arm.

He heaved a sigh. "Okay, fine."

"She doesn't have to come." Gabriella said, giving me a look of distaste.

I raised my eyebrow, taken aback.

"She's my date and it would be rude to leave her here alone. Let's go Shayla." He insisted, extending his hand. Hurt flashed Gabriella's eyes when I held his hand.

She led the way and took us to another private room where her father was sitting. As soon as we entered, I felt so small. He screamed wealth and power just from the way he was dressed in a formal suit seated next to a lady wearing a diamond necklace and matching diamond earrings. Her blonde hair was tied in a neat bun and she was elegantly dressed in a black dress that had lace.I assumed that she was Gabriellas mother by the way she resembled her.