Fourteen

~Shayla's POV~

The next day went by faster than I anticipated. I wished it could have gone slower to delay meeting Ace's parents but the evening came soon. I left work early so Mason and I could get ready for the dinner. I also wanted to prepare my specialty, Tiramisu. Hopefully it will make them like me and put the tension at bay.

After making the dessert, I went to get ready. I was doing the last touches of my makeup while Brie sat on my bed painting her nails.

"Can I borrow your Jean jacket?" She asked.

I turned to face her, raising my eyebrow at her. "You've stolen enough clothes from me. There's no way you're taking this too."

She raised her hands in surrender. "Geez, I just wanted to wear to our end of exams party."

I shook my head. "Nope."

"Fine." She said. "How are you feeling about the dinner."

"I'm so nervous that I feel like I'm going to throw up." I admitted.

"You've got nothing to worry about. Besides Ace's parents actually like you. His dad just had to save his company which I admit was inconsiderate of him."

I heaved a sigh. "I don't think he's ever liked me."

"Just relax, Ayla. If anyone's nervous, it's him. He's in the wrong and he knows it."

"You're right."

"Exactly, so go in there with your head held high up."

I nodded. "Do I look okay?" I asked.

"You look great." She grinned. "Now go otherwise you'll be late." She shewed me away.

I grabbed my purse and met Ace and Mason downstairs. Ace looked devastatingly handsome in black chinos and a formal white shirt. His hair was wet from the shower and his smelled fresh mixed with musky, spicy scent.

"You look beautiful, angel." He said before kissing my cheek. I felt myself flush under his intense gaze.

"Thank you, you look good too." I replied.

"You ready to go?" He questioned and I nodded.

We drove to his parents house in his Rolls Royce Cullinan. My nerves were on edge the entire way. I tried to control my breathing by taking deep breaths in and out but my stomach was still in knots from the anxiety I had.

Ace's hand covered mine in an attempt to comfort me. "Don't worry, angel. You're going to have a good time." He assured me.

"I hope so." I replied.

Within ten minutes we arrived outside his parents mansion, parked outside large black gates. Ace nodded at a security guard outside as the gates opened. Memories from all my visits years ago, flushed my brain. I would always visit when Ace and I hung out all summer when we had just met.

I looked out the window, with a small smile as I went through deja vu. The mansion had a large, extensive yard with a lake, a tennis court , a summerhouse and even stables. It was slightly bigger than Ace's house and had an Italian, modern feel. I could tell they revamped the mansion a bit since it looked slightly different from the last time I came here.

There were a few cars parked outside by the entrance. A black Bugatti, a white Range Rover SUV, a matte black G63 and a green Lamborghini. My breath hitched when I spotted his family standing outside. I recognized his mother and his younger sister Taylor. I was confused when I didn't spot his dad and younger brothers, Romeo and Matteo.

Taylor was the same age as Brie and her I used to get along pretty well. She'd always tell me all the gossip and drama going on at her school. Now, she's the most famous and highest paid model in the world. I often saw her on the front cover of magazines like Vogue.