Fifty-two

~SHAYLA'S POV~

My head was pounding and I felt dizzy. I tried to open my eyes but the sun rays blinded me. I adjusted to the brightness of the room and lifted myself up. I looked around and realized that Ace wasn't here. My heart fluttered when  I remembered the long, passionate night. As I was about to get out of bed, Ace came in. He was carrying a tray of food.

My eyes widened I'm excitement. "Are those-" I sniffed. "Pancakes?"

He chuckled. "It is. Chocolate pancakes for the most beautiful woman in the world." He put the tray on the coffee table then came towards me and gave me a pill and a glass of water.

After drinking the pill he kissed me, getting on top of me. A moan slipped my mouth when he kissed the sweet spot on my neck.

"Hey, let me go. I need to go and get ready. The girls and I are taking the kids out."

"Fine but I want you back home ASAP. I want another session tonight." His lustful eyes stared me over a mischievous smile.

I chuckled. "Deal."

****

"Mase please get off your tablet and eat your food." I demanded the eight year old.

In my one hand, I was feeding Sandro. He was such a mamas boy. He wanted to stay in my arms and threw a fit whenever I tried to put him back in the pram. Allegra didn't cry as much but Sandro always cried. Allegra was chewing her food, minding her own business as Taylor fed her.

"Guys, I love you but you make me not want to have kids." Taylor uttered with a concerned look. We erupted in laughter at how frightened she looked.

"It's really not that bad. I think once you get to that stage you just handle it. It looks challenging and exhausting, which it is, but it's actually such a heartwarming experience." Brie told her with an assuring smile.

"I believe you but I still think I'll wait a few more years." Taylor replied before taking a bite of her salad.

"Goodluck with that, hun. Your mom wants a baby from you like yesterday." Leo said.

"Don't remind me." She grimaced.

"I'm already struggling with three. I don't know how I'll cope when the fourth one gets here." I muttered.

"We'll help you. Besides I'm staying for another month or so." Taylor replied.

Leo nodded. "I'm always at your place anyway so I'll help too."

"I'll just bring Antalia over and we can all take care of these babies." Brie chuckled.

My phone started ringing and I answered it immediately.

"Hey, my love."

"Shayla, you need to come to the hospital right now." I heard Ace's deep serious voice.

My eyes widened in horror. "Are you okay? Did something happened."

"Gabriella's in labour. She says she wants to see you urgently. She has something important to tell you."

I hesitated. "I-I don't know if I want to see her."

"She's dying, Shai. The doctor said they can only save one of them and obviously she chose to save the baby."

I sighed. "Okay fine. I'm on my way. Love you."

"Love you, angel."

"What's going on?" Taylor asked.

"Gabriella's giving birth." I revealed and they gasped with matching shocked expressions.

I went to the hospital where she was giving birth. I got her room number and made my way even though I was hesitant to go. After everything she's done, I still didn't trust. For all I know she could have a hitman waiting for me outside.