Seventeen

~SHAYLA'S POV~

My eyes fluttered open and I winced when the sunrays blinded me. Once my eyes adjusted to the room, looking around and I realised that Ace wasn't in bed. I decided to do my morning routine and get ready for the day. After grappling with what to wear, I finally chose a pair of jean shorts with a white sleeveless body suit and sandals. I put on light makeup and tied my hair into a loose ponytail. Ace said he's taking me sightseeing today which I was really excited about.

The bedroom door opened, revealing Ace. He was dressed in navy blue shorts with a white v neck shirt. He carried a tray of delicious smelling food.

"Are those pancakes?" I asked, my mouth watering.

He flashed me a smile that made my heart jolt. "I know they're your favourite so I made them for you, angel."

I walked towards the white leather couch by the TV in the room. He set the tray in the table before pulling me into a passionate kiss.

"Okay, let me eat now." I told him and he chuckled.

I put some syrup all over the pancakes before digging in. Each bite tasted better than one before making me feel satisfied. Ace took my fork and shoved some into his mouth, earning a glare from me.

"Didn't you make some for yourself?"

"I did but I love eating with you. You make food look good." He answered.

I rolled my eyes, suppressing my smile. "So where are we going?"

He smirked at me. "That's a secret, angel. Just make sure you pack a swimsuit and changing clothes. My mom is going to stay with Mason and take care of him."

I nodded. "I'm so excited."

After eating I packed a bikini and changing clothes into my day bag. I quickly went to say bye to Brie before leaving.

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" I asked her. Her and Taylor were going to the spa for the day so she was picking an outfit to wear.

She nodded. "You go have fun with Ace. Besides Taylor is such good company. I wonder what went wrong with Romeo when his siblings are so kind."

"You two are still fighting?"

"He's still made cause I won't apologize. He can wait till he's gray with wrinkles. I'll never apologize."

"I know you're mad but sometimes it's best to apologize and move on." I told her and she snickered.

"Girl, please. You saw how cocky he is." She said then raised two shirts on hangers for me to pick.

I pointed at the blue white long sleeved striped shirt.

"I like this one too." She said.

"I've got to get going. My boyfriend is taking me on a surprise date."

She gasped, her lips parting into a smile. "You guys are official?"

I nodded smiling so wide my cheeks hurt. She pulled me into a hug. "Finally. You two are so stubborn I was actually worried you wouldn't get back together."