Forty-six

~SHAYLA'S POV~

"Hey, sweetheart." He smirked at me. "It's been a while. How are you?" He questioned.

I cleared my throat. "I'm good thanks I didn't expect to see you again." I chewed on my bottom lip nervously.

He came closer and opened his arms to give me a hug. I gave him a side hug since I was holding Alle.

"You look as beautiful as ever." He winked and I chuckled.

"I thought Brooke's mom, Lisa was bringing him over."

He shook his head. "She had a last minute errand and asked me to bring him. I'm glad she did because now I got to see you after all these years."

I smiled at him sheepishly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. His eyes landed on Mase and he waved at him with a small smile.

"Mase, you've grown so much. The last time I saw you, you were just two years old."

Mason frowned, the line of his brow jumped in surprise. "I don't remember you."

Alexander chuckled. "You wouldn't remember. It was a long time ago."

"Why don't you guys go with Emilia? She's prepared nice lunch for you guys." I suggested and they ran off without hesitating.

"So, how's life been? You know after us."

"A bit challenging but now it's all good." I replied.

"Do you mind if I get your number? Maybe we can get coffee and catch up?"

I nodded and gave him my number.

Someone cleared their throat behind me. I knew it was Ace by the smell of his cologne. His hand curled around my waist, drawing me closer to his side.

His piercing green eyes narrowed at Alexander in distate, his lips pressed in a thin line.

"Hi, I'm Alexander, Brooke's dad. I brought him for his playdate with Mase." Alex said extending his hand.

Ace looked at his hand before shaking it. "I'm Ace, Shayla's fiance."

Alex cleared his throat. The tension was thick enough to be cut through with a sharp knife.

"Well I'll going. It was nice seeing you again Shayla." He smiled at me before walking away.

Ace closed the door and he gave me a stern look. I knew what he was thinking and I wasn't in the mood to do some explaining.

"Who is he?" He asked, his jaw ticking.

I sighed and adjusted Alle in my arms. "He's just an old friend from college. We were best friends but he moved back to London after he graduated."

I didn't want to tell him that he's my ex knowing how he'd make a big deal out of it.

"Just friends?" He furrowed his eyebrows, his finger stroking his chin.

I heaved a sigh. "Yes. We were never anything more than that."

"He doesn't look at you the way a friend would. I know he has feelings for you."

I rolled my eyes. "Come on. Don't be jealous now."

"I'm not jealous." He retorted.

I shook my head, walking to the lift. He followed me to the lift and our room still speaking about how Alex has feelings for me.

"If he tries anything I might have to teach him a lesson."

I huffed. "He's nothing more than a friend. You have no reason to be jealous."