Thirty-nine

~Ace's POV ~

The gun Gabriella carried was no longer pointed towards me. I felt her body detach to me as she fell to the ground. I stood there frozen as I watched blood ooze from her wounds.

The police officers came and took away all her weapons. Ambulance carried her and rushed her to the hospital. One officer untied my hands and I thanked him.

Romeo and came running towards me. I pulled dad into a tight, bone crushing hug then hugged Romeo, embracing him tightly.

"You fucker! You scared us." Romeo chuckled after letting me go.

"Thanks for rescuing me guys."

Dad gave me a pat on the shoulder, nodding. "God, you scared us. You really did it this time Ace." He added, letting out a low chuckle.

"It's good to have you back sir." Detective Dave said with a small smile.

"It was a terrible experience but at least we've got Gabriella now." I replied, feeling relieved.

"I'd love to ask about how you were able to find me but I really want to see Shai and Mase as well as everyone else." I told them as I grabbed the bottle of water they offered me.

"Before you go home, you have to go to the hospital for a checkup. We also have to take you in for questioning." Dave informed me and I let out a long suffering sigh.

We drove in Romeo's car and headed to the hospital. It took a few hours but after getting all my tests done I was free to go. Dave said I could come in for questioning tomorrow instead. I couldn't be more grateful that the questioning was postponed to the next day. All I wanted was to go home to my family.

~SHAYLA'S POV~

I shifted a bit to change my sleeping position. It was hard since my belly was huge. Carrying two humans was not a joke at all. I love pregnancy but now I was feeling beyond exhausted. I used the sleeping pillow to rest my bump. I grew impatient by the minute. All I wanted was to have these babies out of me.

I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't ignore the familiar, fresh, musty spicy scent. The scent I'd been missing for weeks. My eyes fluttered opened and there he was. Sitting in all his glory. His hair was still wet from the shower. His piercing blue-green eyes stared at me adoringly with a small smile plastered on his face.

He had bruises on his face but he still managed to look handsome. He looked exhausted, with bloodshot eyes and dark circles under his eyes. His pink lips had a cut and he had long cut that stretched across his cheek.

It felt like I was dreaming. My mind was playing tricks on me. I closed my eyes and opened them again. He was still there.

"Wait, are you really here?" I questioned, slowly getting up.

"Haha - yes I'm really here, angel." He smiled weakly.

As his arms spread wide, welcoming new in, I immediately entered them. His arms wrapped around me like chains, curling around my waist. Burying my face in his shoulders, I breathed in wanting to savor his scent.

"Fuck, I missed you, angel." He whispered in my ear.

He wiped the tears that were uncontrollably streaming down my cheeks. "I missed you more." I cried. "You were gone for so long."

"I'm here now." He replied, kissing my forehead. I closed my eyes and let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"When did you get back?" I questioned out of curiosity.

"Just a few hours ago. You were sleeping so I didn't want to wake you."

I nodded. "Are you hurt?" I asked concerned.