Twenty-four

~ACE'S POV~

It's been a week since we rescued Shayla. She was hospitalized immediately and was in the ICU for two days. She underwent an operation on her arm since they discovered it wasn't properly placed. Everything went well and she was slowly healing. She's been in a coma ever since and I visited her everyday hoping she'd wake up. 

We had her room heavily guarded since Audrey was still free. No one knew where she went. Detective Carlo and his team were still working on the case and trying to trace her. It was like she had disappeared off the surface of the earth which made me worried. Even though Shayla was back, we were still not safe at all for as long as Audrey was still roaming around. I won't rest until I see her locked up in a jail cell.

The kidnapping was all over the news and paparazzi followed us everywhere. They even dared to camp  outside the house trying to get good shots of us.

Mom flew with Matteo and Mason, joining us here in Madrid. I missed him so much and I was glad we were all here. Right now, Shayla needed all the love and support she could get after all the trauma she went through.

I went to the kitchen to get a bottle of water and found mom cooking.

"It's smells good in here." I commented. "What are you making?"

"I'm making bolognese pasta for dinner." She said her eyes shifting from the pots and meeting mine.

"I'm going to take Mason to visit Shayla. Hopefully she'll wake up if she hears him." I told her.

"She will wake up, mi amor. She just needs all the rest in the world. Her body must be exhausted."

I heaved a sigh. "That witch hurt her really badly. I wish it was me instead of Shayla.  The thought of anyone hurting her makes my blood boil."

"No te preocupes, we'll catch her soon." Mom said. "Why don't you eat before you leave?"

I nodded and ate before leaving with Mason. When we got to the hospital there was paparazzi outside so we went to underground parking instead. As soon as we got to the room, Mason ran towards Shayla who was sleeping peacefully.

"Mommy, it's me. Mason. Please wake up." He pleaded. It broke my heart seeing her with all these tunes connected to her. She laid there looking lifeless making me miss the lively Shayla. I missed hearing her laugh that sounded like music to my ears and staring into her big, brown eyes that were so full of life. Now she had bruises all over that made her look unrecognizable.

"Don't worry, my boy. She'll wake up soon." I said pulling him in for a hug."

We went home and came back the next day. She still wouldn't wake up but we remained hopeful. It became a routine. Wake up, excercise, eat, visit Shayla and come back to sleep.

**A week later**

~SHAYLA'S POV ~

I could hear something beeping in the background. I tried to ignore the sound but it kept getting louder as my senses came to life. I felt exhausted and powerless. It took everything in me to open my eyes. Once I did, I was met with a bright light in the ceiling, making me shut my eyes again. After adjusting to the light in the room, I attempted to get up. My body was aching but I still forced myself to get up. I winced when I tried to move my arm. It was in a cast