Part 2

I had dozed off after I got the bleeding to stop. I am shaken awake by Mikey. "We are here, come on." He gets out of the car and heads to the trunk. I hurriedly get out and walk to the trunk. I wanted to retrieve my bag before he does. I grab my bags and step away from the car. I wait patiently for him to get his things.  

He starts walking towards the trail leading into the woods. I follow behind him. Looking around, trying to remember the route we are taking, what is around here, who is around here etc. I need to make sure I can get out of here alive once I start my attempt to leave. 

We finally get to the camping area when dusk had settled in. Our camping area consists of 3 cabins - fully loaded, fire pits between the cabins. A big open area that some people put up a tent in. Some of his friends even had their dogs with them.  In all about 10 other people are on this camping trip. Out of the 10 people, the 5 guys who are Mikey's friend all know what he does. Their girlfriends do not. I noticed that there was an 11th person that is with them. A pretty, tall, brown skin girl by the name of Trina. One of Mikey's side pieces. She sees Mikey and runs up to him and jumps into his arms. He happily catches her and places a kiss on her lips. Everyone goes on about their business like they do not see this happening. The girls know Mikey sleeps around but does not know he hits me. 

They don't say anything about him sleeping around because I am still with him. The way they see it, I don't care so why should they. I can't fault them for that, I am still around knowing he sleeps with other girls and dates them. He used to do it behind my back, but now he does it in front of me. 

Still in his embrace, he walks her into our cabin. The cabin we have is two bedroom. I just shake my head and walk into the cabin behind them. They immediately go into one of the bedrooms and close the door. Within 5 minutes I hear the bed banging against the wall and Trina moaning out his name. I am so fucking stupid.  

I grab a pamphlet from the table. It is about the camping grounds and what's around it. I study it trying to see what's my escape route. I notice some marked off areas, saying no trespassing. Private party on the map. I wonder what is beyond the fenced off area.

I don't feel like being around people, so I just stay holed up in the cabin. Mikey and Trina finished their workout about an hour ago. They have been outside with the others, eating, talking, and drinking. I made my own food inside the cabin. I was sitting in the kitchen area eating and watching tv. 

A drunk Mikey comes through the door. "There the fuck you are!" He slurs. Great he is drunk. This is going to be quite an eventful night. "I need you to get out. Go sleep outside tonight. Trina and I want the cabin to ourselves." The fuck?!

"No!" I scoff. "What the fuck did you say?" he says to me, stepping closer to me with balled up fists. Don't back down. Stand up to him once and for all

"I said no. I am not going to sleep outside because you and your whore wants the cabin. I paid for this damn cabin. NOT you. So you go sleep the fuck outside with her!" I yell at him. 

He smiles and then starts laughing. "You dumb bitch. Now you want to throw money in my face. Trying to make me feel bad because I gambled my money away!" He yells loudly. He charges at me and pushes me up against the wall. He starts punching at my sides and face. The pain shooting through me all over. I start screaming for help - but no one comes. He continues his assault on me. Blood pouring out of me from all over. Punch - kick - punch - kick over and over again. I feel myself blacking out. I see the girls run into the cabin and scream. Only then does his friends intervene and pull him away from me. 

The blurry silhouettes of his friends are pulling him out of the cabin. One of his friends tries to come help me, "leave her alone. Let her fucking die!!" Mikey yells as they pull him away. I feel myself getting picked up and carried into the bedroom. 

"Leave me alone! You all never stopped him before. Never cared before. Don't start it now." I cough out along with blood onto the sheets. "Sorry" is all I hear before I pass out. A few minutes later I wake up again and hear yelling.  

"Yo! What the fuck man! She is damn near on her death bed. We need to get her help." Troy says to Mikey. "Look man, we all know you cheat on her and talk shit about her and yell at her. I never knew you actually beat the shit out go her like that. Hitting on her like she is a man!! You said the bruises on her are from the boxing lessons she is taking!" Troy punches him in the face. The guys all took turns beating on Mikey. Apparently the guys didn't know he was beating on me?? Boxing lessons? Seriously?? And they believed that. Stupid assholes. 

I take this as my queue to leave out here. Fuck him and everyone else. I grab my bag and slowly make my way out the cabin. No one notices because they are on the other side fighting and arguing with Mikey. I grab a flashlight and slip make my way towards the other end of the camp ground. I limp slowly and make nice progress for my condition. 

"Shara!!! Sharalyn!!!" I hear my name being called my Mikey. "Where are you?!!! I swear to God you are going to get it! My friends are all mad at me now, you are so going to pay!!" He taunts me. 

I can hear him getting closer to me. I know it is not much, but I try to run. Bruised and battered, I run. I run as fast as I can in this condition. I make it to the border fence. NO TRESPASSING sign glaring at me. I throw my bag over the fence and start to climb it. As soon as my feet touch the ground, I am face to face with Mikey. 

He grabs the fence and starts shaking it. "Where the fuck are you going bitch? You think you can get away from me. I owe you the beating of your life. It is your fault that my friends are mad at me!!" I back away from the fence. I reach down and grab my back. I turn and make a run for it. 

I look behind me and see him scaling the fence. I turn off the flashlight and start running harder and faster. Deeper into he woods. Branches and twigs are cutting up my legs and arms, but I don't care. I need to get away. I know if he finds me, I am going to die. 

I run for another 5 minutes before I need to stop. I lean up against a tree and try to catch my breath. I hear a twig breaking to my right. I stop breathing and try to listen. I heard it again and start running. I run and run until I see a house - like a very big house. I run towards it and bang on the door. 

"Please!! Help me please!!! Someone!!!" I yell and bang on the door. 

GRRRR, GRRRR - I hear growling behind me. I turn around and am faced with the biggest dog I have ever seen. I am 5ft tall and this dog is taller than me on all four legs. 

I take a step backwards. My back touches the door and I just stare frightened. 

Out of breath, bleeding, battered, and I am pretty sure some broken ribs, I succumb to my injuries. My body goes limp and I lose consciousness.