Part 13

Kwan POV

I retract my fangs and continue walking out of the restroom with my arm around Shara. As we leave all we hear is growling, yelling, and a lot of banging. She tries to turn around and look back, but I pull her forward. "Come on baby." I guide her towards the exit, out of the mall and into my car. 

We drive back to our town. She finally breaks the silence, "I thought you cut off the link because you were fucking Zoe and her friends." She says barely above a whisper. Before I can say something, she continues. " I heard Mikey telling his friends about Zoe and her friends keeping you occupied. I know I should not have thought the worse, but I did." She lets out a lone tear. 

I pull over to the side of the road, I reach over and lift her chin up so she can look at me. God, those beautiful brown eyes, glistening with tears stares up at me. I lean forward and kiss away her tears. 

"Baby, I am so sorry you had to go through that. I would never betray you like that. I would never want to shut off our link. I want to be able to have access to you 24/7. And vice versa. I need to know you are safe at all times. All I could think about is you as soon as I woke up. You were the first thought in my mind. You know what store I was in?" She shakes her head no. 

" I was in a jewelry shop. I got you something." It was a jewelry set - ring, necklace and earrings. I take the ring out and put it on her finger. "I love you baby. I know it seems quick, and I know it is probably the bond that is making everything go fast, but I really do care about you. You have brighten up my life the moment you step foot on my porch. I want nothing more than to protect you, spoil you, make you smile, make you cry, give you pleasure, everything. I just want you. I want you to be by my side for ever. I want you to run the pack with me. Start a family. Marry me. Love me." I whisper the last words. 

She reaches up and cups my face. "I want nothing more than to love you too. I want the same things, Kwan. I really do." She pulls me down and kisses me. I kiss her back with just as much passion. 

"Oh before I forget. I heard Mikey talking to his friends. Apparently he and Zoe are cousins. The Storm Pack and Wolverine Pack are working together to bring down you guys. Mikey wants to use me as your weakness and to be the downfall of the Phoenix pack. He said something about avenging his parents. I think his parents were killed by your pack years ago and he wants revenge."

I sit back and nod. "Yeah, I did some digging the other day, Mikey is Michaelangelo Delacruz Cortez right? "Yes" "Well, I found out that his father is apart of the Wolverine Pack, his mother was part of the Storm Pack.  His mother Marcella was in love with my uncle Sung Seok. They had a baby boy - Michelangelo Delacruz Sung, but since she was mated to Joseph Cortez (third in line or the Omega), she was not supposed to be with anyone else. 

My uncle Sung Seok was devastated that he could not be with the one he loved and be around his son, but he understood the mate bond. He eventually found his mate and carried on. Marcella was upset that he was still not pining over her and moved onto someone else - mate or not. Even though she left. She told him to leave his mate or else she would do something drastic. He didn't believe her but she ended up taking her life and Joseph's. She felt lost without my uncle and hated Joseph because he took her away from him. 

The families covered up the murder-suicide because they didn't want to cause conflict amongst the families. The Wolverine Pack would have declared war on the Storm pack because she killed their beta. The only one who knew the truth about their death was my uncle who of course told my father about it. 

Since my father (Jae) was friends with Marcus, Zoe's dad and Marcella's brother, the Omega of the Storm pack, he had a conversation with him. He told him that he knew about what really happened and since Mikey was Seok's son, he should stay with him in the Phoenix Pack. Marcus agreed and said he would talk to their Beta (James) about giving Mikey to Seok. 

Marcus and James agreed that it would be best, but they weren't sure how Henry (Beta from Wolverine Pack) was going to take it. He never knew that Mikey wasn't  Joseph's son. 

James (beta of the Storm pack), Jae(Alpha of the Phoenix Pack), Marcus(Omega of the Storm pack), and Henry(Beta of the Wolverine pack) all had a meeting. Marcus had asked if Mikey could come over to our pack and stay with his biological father, Sung Seok. Henry was livid at this information. He turned to James and asked was it true that someone from the Storm Pack killed someone from the Wolverine Pack and that the potential heir to the Wolverine pack is not an actual heir?

The guys quickly saw where this was going. It looked like the Storm Pack had setup and lied to the Wolverine pack. This would cause a war between the two. So James said he did not believe it to be true. He thinks it is just Sung Seok pining over his first love and is mad that she married someone else. 

Well needless to say, Henry (Mikey's uncle)  took Mikey and raised him in the Wolverine pack. His other uncle Marcus (Zoe's dad, Omega of the Storm Pack) would visit him from time to time."

"What the fuck!" Shara exclaimed. " I am so lost and confused. This seems like an episode of Jerry Springer. I think I got my head wrapped around it. To sum it up. Mikey's dad is not his biological father. His biological father is of the Phoenix Pack. His mom went pyscho and decided to kill herself and her husband because she was jealous that her baby daddy moved on to someone else?" "Yes that is one way to put it." I chuckle at her summarization. 

"AND her husband pack's and her pack kept it a secret that Mikey is actually part of the Phoenix pack?" She inquired. " Yes, baby that is correct." I nod. 

"Sooo, does that mean I get to be the boss of Mikey?" She asked me. "Well, technically yes. But he won't be alive long enough for you to boss around. I plan on killing his bitch ass soon. Especially since he is working with Zoe to cause drama. I will end both of  them and if a war breaks out because of it, so be it." I shrug my shoulders. 

"Kwan, please don't go to war because of me. I am not worth all this trouble. If saving you and your pack from war means I need to sacrifice myself to Mikey, then I will do it. I cannot live knowing I am the cause of too many lost lives and bloodshed. Especially if something happens to you." she tears up, cupping my face. " I have finally found happiness in such a long time with you. I don't want to lose you." She pulls me closer and kisses me softly. 

"Baby, I have waited many years for you. I am not going to let you go. I will wipe out the whole world if I have to,  to keep you by myself. End of discussion. Capisci?" " I understand Kwan" she says has she nods her head. 

I turn back around in my seat and continue driving us to our town. I stop at one of the boutiques in town, so we can get a dress for Shara. The gala is coming up in a few days and I want her to be all set.  Once we get this gorgeous nude/golden dress for her, shoes and jewelry to match, we head home. I told her I will make her dinner tonight. 

As soon as we get home, I get the bags out and take it into the house. "Go relax for a little baby. I will start making dinner." She kisses me and heads upstairs. As soon as she is upstairs, I pull out my phone. " Zoe, meet me at my apartment in 15 minutes." 

"Baby?!" I yell out to Shara from downstairs and she answers with a uh, " I will be back. I have to run out to the store and get some ingredients."