Chapter 12 - Meet Up

*****

*Kendrick's POV*

The hallway was empty as I followed the red carpet past each door until reaching the number Dan had texted to me. Reaching into my pocket, I tugged out the key card but paused as the cuff on my wrist glistened under the overhead light. It was a constant reminder. I had thought more about my mate than I had throughout my life since Talian mentioned that he had to grant me a wish. Sighing, I shifted my attention back to the card and slid it into the door.

It unlocked with a soft click and pushing it opened led into a spacious living room decorated mostly in white and hints of red. On the coffee table there was a glass ornament decoration beside a bucket of ice that currently housed a couple of bottles of wine, next to the bucket there were two wine glasses. I recognised the label on the drinks and noted that Dan's taste had not changed in the two years we had not seen each other.

"Hey." My eyes shifted to Dan as he leaned against one of the pillars that seemed to separate the bed from the living area.

"Hey," I replied in the same simple tone he had used, it caused a small smile to break onto his lips before he gave up and grinned at me, pushing away from the pillar. "This is new." I glanced over him.

Usually, when we met he would already be undressed so we could get to it. I quite liked that, it was like he presented his body to me every time. This time, he was dressed in a black suit with a matching skin-tight turtleneck. It looked good, but I would have preferred not having to get all the clothing out of the way.

"Well, it's been a while." He shrugged walking over until he was right in front of me, his face just centimetres from mine as he stared into my eyes. "Things change, Kendrick."

"Clearly they don't change all that much," I smirked. We would not be where we were if they had.

"Clearly." I chuckled as barely a beat passed after the word before his lips pressed against mine, his hands reaching to shove the blazer off my shoulders and quickly moving to begin undoing the buttons that lined the front of my chest. He really wasn't hiding how badly he had missed me. It gave my ego a little boost that he so urgently wanted to be with me but I caught his hands when they reached for my belt and broke the kiss to show him my amusement.

"What's the rush?"

"We only have tonight." He gave a slight pout and I smirked lifting my hand to cup his face while running my thumb along his lower lip.

"It's okay, I'll make sure you feel it for some time." The reply made his eyes darken and I grabbed his waist to shove him against the door, immediately kissing him again. I pushed off his jacket while his fingers return to unbuttoning the rest of my shirt, our tongues meeting roughly caused his head to bump back against the door. He didn't seem to mind so we didn't stop and I felt his fingers grip into my arms as my mouth moved from his to trail wet kisses onto his neck. I attempted to reach for his shirt but he suddenly slid from reach and I looked down watching him fall onto his knees in front of me.

I laughed at the eager look on his face as he stared up at me while his fingers moved to undo my belt, this time I didn't stop him. My hand moved into his hair as his eyes fell to focus on my pants. I inhaled in anticipation as his hand brushed against my dick from above the fabric of my pants but my breath caught at his scent.

That's odd. I had not realised it earlier, but I remembered him smelling different... It did not seem like a scent linked to a change in cologne. My brows lowered as I tugged his head back causing him to look up at me with a smirk.

"What? Am I too slow?"

Instead of replying, I reached to tug the collar from his neck. The bite marks surrounded by intricate dark, tattoo-like spirals confirmed my suspicion and I immediately shoved my knee into his chest sending him falling back against the door as I stepped away from him.