Chapter 13 - Reveal

*****

*Talian's POV*

"You're up early," Kendrick's voice seemed astonished as he stepped into the kitchen and I looked over to see that he was already dressed to head to work. I had been up a lot earlier. I heard him leave the house for a couple of hours and return just over an hour ago.

"Figured I would make myself useful." His eyes softened into pity and I tried to smile but he spoke.

"You know you don't need to. I understand."

"Well, understand that I wanted to make myself useful." He chuckled at the reply and I grinned turning from the stove to scoop the eggs onto the breakfast sandwiches I had already laid out in two plates.

"Smells so good," he groaned taking a seat. "The last time someone cooked for me I was still living with my mom." He smiled fondly at the memory.

"Really? You don't look like you cook much. Doesn't seem like you have time."

"I don't. One of my assistants usually arranges whatever I have for lunch." He replied, scooping some eggs into his mouth. The smile and his shoulders visibly relaxing as he chewed made me glad I had decided to make breakfast.

I turned to the tap to fill a couple of glasses of water as he focused on slicing his sandwich in half and then placed one glass beside him while drinking from my own.

"Very funny, Lian." I chuckled as Kendrick gave me a flat stare holding his glass up and tiling it upside down. The contents were completely frozen solid. He swung it back around still rocking the heavy glass as it fogged up against the warmth in the room.

"Didn't know how much ice you wanted," I replied simply. He narrowed his eyes at me and I pointed at the glass to melt the contents. My eyes widened as I realised what I'd done but it was too late and some of the melted water escaped from the tilted glass, splashing onto Kendrick's blazer. "Oops."

"Talian –" Kendrick got up.

"It was a mistake!" I insisted backing away as I raised my hands in defence. He obviously didn't believe me, rolling his eyes as his fingers brushed over the damp breast of his jacket.

"You can dry this by absorbing the water, can't you?" Kendrick asked glancing down at his blazer.

"Maybe." I shrugged. He stared at me and I stared right back until he tilted his head. "Not going to ask me nicely?" I asked innocently. He scoffed.

"Why would I? You did this on purpose."

"No, but –" Kendrick gasped when more water flew from the glass to splash onto his jacket, "I did that on purpose."

"Lian!"

"Wait, let me try – Wait –" I laughed stumbling into the hallway when he started to advance towards me.

"Why are you walking away?" he asked.

"Why are you following me?" I replied immediately lifting off the ground as he quickened his pace. I laughed flying towards the stairs when he suddenly ran at me.

"Mint, no flying in the house!" The nickname made it obvious he was just joking even though he was yelling out.

"But you're chasing me!" I called back as I landed on the second floor and attempted to slip into my room and shut the door but he was already in front of me holding it open as soon as I turned around. "Wait, Kendrick – I'm sorry –!" I couldn't speak without laughing despite trying to plead with him while backing away again as he stepped into the room still glaring at me playfully. He seemed to try to keep a straight face but a smile broke onto his lips ruining the upset facade.